Veterans Day

Mike62356

Hello, as a Vet. I would like to say Thank you to all that have served and are serving, and to say that we should all remember those that gave thier all so we could be here today, I for one can do this with a smile for the friendships I have had and do have and with a tear of sadness of remembrance.

I will never forget one and all that served with me and especially one that had asked us if anything would happen to him would we send him home to his highlands to rest, we did and as we loaded him on his last flight home we played on the pipes " The Flower of Scotland " as he asked, he was a good man and friend and now I think I can let him rest in peace in my mind, God keep you Ewan Steward and Thank you Marine.

Thank you all.

Edited by Mike62356 (see edit history)

Happy Veteran's Day, Mike, and all Veterans !

Soldiers defend the motherland and they deserve much from the country, much more than those who intend to blindly give birth to kids to take away the welfare from taxpayers' pocket. The worst thing is these people don't educate their kids, making a lot of bad-qualitied creatures for the society.

Policemen are worth respect too. Without soldiers and policemen, I don't feel safe living in the world.

Edited by fineart (see edit history)

"...when he met Lusheng he told her I killed a bunch of Chinese when I was in Korea ...."

....And when I first met father in law, he told me that his brothers fought Americans in Korea, ..... although he let it go at that..

I personally was a war protester during the VN war, but had then, and have now----nothing but respect for those serving and those who have served..

Soldiers defend the motherland and they deserve much from the country, much more than those who intend to blindly give birth to kids to take away the welfare from taxpayers' pocket. The worst thing is these people don't educate their kids, making a lot of bad-qualitied creatures for the society.

Policemen are worth respect too. Without soldiers and policemen, I don't feel safe living in the world.

My father did educate me I am a trainded killir.

My father did educate me I am a trainded killir.

Mr. Mike, you are so humorous. However, I am not saying veterans don't educate their kids. I am saying some people who intend to be lazy living on the welfare & blindly giving birth to a lot of children don't educate their kids. I hope my poor English has clarified what I meant.

And wish your father a great day for this special Veteran's Day!

PS: "Mike" in my first post in this thread refers to Mike62356.

While most know that Veterans Day honors those who have served in the military, the meaning behind its exact date (November 11) may not be so familiar. Here's the backstory:

Back in 1918, in the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month, a stop to hostilities was declared, ending World War I. An armistice to cease the fighting on the Western Front was signed by the Allied powers and Germany.

President Woodrow Wilson immediately proclaimed the day "Armistice Day," kicking off the annual commemoration on November 11. But over the years, with veterans returning from World War II and the Korean War, Armistice Day became Veterans Day — a day reserved to honor veterans returning from all wars. But 11/11 still represented the end of the Great War in the public's mind, and the date stuck.

In 1921, unidentified dead from the war were buried in Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, D.C., Westminster Abbey in London, and the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. The tradition to honor those killed in the war but never identified continues every year in the U.S. The ceremony is held at 11 a.m. at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery.

Congress designated Veterans Day as a legal holiday in 1938, and since then, most Americans have come to know it as a day for store sales and parades. Yahoo! Searches on the holiday have already surged on the Web. People want to know "veterans day history," "veterans day closings," veterans day sales," and "veterans day free meals.

This info0 was found on yahoo headlines,

Enjoy your day. :blink:

Edited by Mike62356 (see edit history)

I'm a USMC vet that has scars and many friends names on the wall...war and our invasions are killing us as a respected and prosperous nation. We find medical cures, send people to the moon and have the largest economy in the world, but we don't have the intellect or desire to find a way to resolve conflicts without violence and millions of deaths.

Edited by Zhou Zhou (see edit history)

I'm a USMC vet that has scars and many friends names on the wall...war and our invasions are killing us as a respected and prosperous nation. We find medical cures, send people to the moon and have the largest economy in the world, but we don't have the intellect or desire to find a way to resolve conflicts without violence and millions of deaths.

Semper Fi, Marine

Happy Marine Birthday a day late.

Happy Veterans day

Michael USMC 64-70