Any one Confused About DCF

:o

I am happy to have a place to ask questions. My own DCF questions started 3 weeks ago when I talked to my wife in China about working on GC for her. I am USC with Chinese national living in China 3+ years. Married the same. ( Have L visa, Long term Multi entry last 3 years) Have home in China, Do Humanitarian work with wife. Wanted to see i I qualified to file DCF in China.

After reviewing my particular situation I read lots of stuff on this and other sites. Talked to attorney. Finally decided to start process of calling in China for DCF filing info. ( How to)

1. Called Guangzhou talked to Chinese lady very nice, did not want to spend to much time with me. After about a minute she said you must file in US for GC cant DCF in China. Because married in US almost 4 years ago. I said oK. But later decided to ask others.

2. Called Chengdu after another week of review. Told them my history they said come in and file for I-130 no problem. She said she would send me the DCF paper work from BJ. I said ok. She sent it and it was what I had already seen. 6 months resident on Z visa otherwise might be tough. ( Some say key word is must reside) So time would be important, i though perhaps more than type of visa.

Since L visa has no residence permit.

Next day she sent me email with interesting comments. Sorry she said after talking to Chengdu leader and BJ uscis on L visa you can not file I-130 unless you have lived in China 10 years , which I have no read anywhere.

3. Next day I call BJ embassy told them I needed DCF or consular section they said ok. Talked to nice american man who said after hearing my history and wives. Quickly said yes You can file for I-130 in chengdu no problem or in BJ. I said are you sure he said . no problem

you qualify where you file is up to you based upon where you live.

4. Following day called BJ again to see if I could ask him a couple more questions. He was out they gave me nice chinese man. He said after talking with him 10 minutes. No problem you are doctor and have L visa lived here most of time last 3 years. File in BJ or Chengdu

I said, Are you sure , he said yes, Come to BJ now if you want.

So , I thought the following.

Conculsion, A. Guangzhou, You cant not file at all DCF.

B. Chengdu , You can file then you cant file.

C. BJ you can file no problem. two people same answer.

Final: Throw coin in air. The issues are varied as much as the people.

Hope this helps someone.

B)

Yes, unfortunately they vary.... but there is one simple rule: Only talk to the consulate you need to file with. They have the final say in it.

If possible, just visit them and you can get the papers and instructions on what is required. Some say they need residency and others only want to see a work permit; One person was able to file on an "L" who had been in China quite a while. Just give them what they ask form.

This may be worth a trip to Beijing, just to file. That's where you've gotten all of your "Yes" answers.

I think Chengdu, if they do accept it, would simply forward it to Beijing. Then again, they might not accept it at all, like they're saying.

Hope it works!