Interview Follow Up, Email Question:

:angry:

Hi friends:

I have a couple quick question for anyone out there who can help...

Like I've posted here before, my fiance got blue and green last month. Over a week ago we mailed back the required financial documents, and a couple days ago my fiance sent the Consulate an email on their website asking for an update on the case status, and hasn't heard anything back.

How long does the Consulate take to respond to the "My case is under 221g processing..." emails? Do they actually answer with an update?

We REALLY want to be "home for Christmas..." ;) Hopefully we'll get that call-in letter soon!

Speaking of which, how do they send the call-in letter? EMS? My fiance included a self-addressed EMS label in the package sent back to the Consulate.

Thanks so much, friends. I'm so glad I found this website when I did. It's been such a blessing! :)

YES!!! Fiance just got an email saying that they received the documents we sent in with the blue slip last week, and we should expect to get the call-in letter in less than two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Can anyone tell me when we should expect to get the visa after getting the call-in letter? Will there be a date included (like an appointment date) where he'll have to go get his passport stamped or something? How long should that be after the date of the letter? Thanks!

No, I don't believe that there will be an actual date set, rather they will give you a general schedule when you can go to Guangzhou and sort everything out. ie. M-F 2:00 - 3:00 PM (that's just an example). See the links below for more information.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...=call+in+letter

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...=call+in+letter

I did a CFL search for "call in letter" with the quotes. I'm sure you'll be able to find more information if you wanted to.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

YES!!! Fiance just got an email saying that they received the documents we sent in with the blue slip last week, and we should expect to get the call-in letter in less than two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:huh:

Can anyone tell me when we should expect to get the visa after getting the call-in letter? Will there be a date included (like an appointment date) where he'll have to go get his passport stamped or something? How long should that be after the date of the letter? Thanks!

They have to affix the visa to his passport. When you get the letter, it will tell him to bring in his passport between 1 and 3 (I forget the hours), Mon, Tues, or Thurs (I forget the days). That is when you KNOW that he gets the visa. From there, it's the same as everyone else - you will pick it up at a post office in Guangdong 2 or 3 days later.

;)

They have to affix the visa to his passport. When you get the letter, it will tell him to bring in his passport between 1 and 3 (I forget the hours), Mon, Tues, or Thurs (I forget the days). That is when you KNOW that he gets the visa. From there, it's the same as everyone else - you will pick it up at a post office in Guangdong 2 or 3 days later.

Thanks guys.

I'm a little concerned now after searching through others posts about call-in letters. The email they sent us didn't have a EMS tracking number or say "your visa will be approved..." Is that bad news for us? :angry: Would they tell us if the first box would be checked?

here's what the email said:

Thank you for your email. We have received your submission of additional documents later last week and reviewed your case file. We will send a call in letter to inform you of the result soon, and you may expect to receive the letter within 2 weeks. Once receive it, please follow the instructions to further process your visa application.

Is that bad or good news? Should we send another email asking right out if it is approved?

It's neither good nor bad - it's just a standard email letting you know they've received your documents (except that it's good that they received them!). Sounds like all you can do is wait. The call in letter (from the text you gave us) will be sent within 2 weeks, meaning, I suspect your new information is being reviewed as we speak. Since they've already given you a time frame when they will send the call-in letter, I'd wait at least that period of time, before inquiring further. I don't believe sending additional emails within the time frame they've already given you is going to make them hurry any faster. Pray and wait. From what Randy has stated, you'll easily be able to immediately know if the visa has been approved. See above.

Edited by Kyle (see edit history)

It's neither good nor bad - it's just a standard email letting you know they've received your documents (except that it's good that they received them!). Sounds like all you can do is wait. The call in letter (from the text you gave us) will be sent within 2 weeks, meaning, I suspect your new information is being reviewed as we speak. Since they've already given you a time frame when they will send the call-in letter, I'd wait at least that period of time, before inquiring further. I don't believe sending additional emails within the time frame they've already given you is going to make them hurry any faster. Pray and wait. From what Randy has stated, you'll easily be able to immediately know if the visa has been approved. See above.

Ok, that cools my mind a little. :D Thanks Kyle. I was concerned that maybe they already reviewed everything and didn't give me the EMS tracking code, etc. or tell me if it would be approved.

I guess we'll just wait, and pray, like you said. :) Thanks again. It's so encouraging for me to be able to check here and ask questions and get answers! This whole process has been so draining, and we are SO ready to just get married. :P

I doubt DoS will be able to tell you anything as they only know the information that is on their screen. My experiences with DoS did not include their personal take or educated guess on our situation. You can try calling them, but most likely they'll just be able to tell you that the consulate has received your information and it is currently under review. They WILL NOT be able to offer any speculation as far as outcome is concerned. Just have to wait.