Hey all.....my wife doesn't have an Alien Registration Number, and at the bottom of the G-325A form she wrote her registration number asssigned to her by the Chinese government. She thought that this is what she was supposed to write in the space at the bottom of the form. I finally have all the paperwork and forms I need to file the I-130 and would like to send it all in as soon as possible. I don't really want to wait for her to fill out the forms again and mail them to me because it will take a long time.

Can I either cross the number out or use white out on it and still send the forms in, or will the USCIS not accept this?

she would of received one as a K1... look back at the NOA1 or NOA2.

I seem to recall that one does NOT want their lady getting two A#, so I would make it clear on the cover letter her previous filing with the A#. You can at least later say you provided it somewhere, if you don't put it on the form.

I might be inclined to put it on the form and somewhere close to it say (from previous K1 filing)... but also mention it on the cover letter.

I don't know how to answer this, but I can give you what happened to us. Jingjing and I filed directly with the embassy. On one of our forms, we made an error, and the lady looking over it told us to cross it out and make the correction. Please note that this was our case and when it comes to office workers in general, if you have five employees, it's possible to receive five different answers. Aren't you going with Mark Ellis this time around? Why don't you shoot him a quick email and ask him what he thinks? I'm sure this isn't the first time he's come across this. Personally, I don't see why it should be an issue to use a little white-out, but that's just me.

I seem to recall that one does NOT want their lady getting two A#, so I would make it clear on the cover letter her previous filing with the A#. You can at least later say you provided it somewhere, if you don't put it on the form.

I might be inclined to put it on the form and somewhere close to it say (from previous K1 filing)... but also mention it on the cover letter.

Exactly, I would white out the incorrect number, and write the A# from I-129F NOA2 letter.

It's on the K-1 NOA2, which he didn't get (the petition was denied)

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

I don't know how to answer this, but I can give you what happened to us. Jingjing and I filed directly with the embassy. On one of our forms, we made an error, and the lady looking over it told us to cross it out and make the correction. Please note that this was our case and when it comes to office workers in general, if you have five employees, it's possible to receive five different answers. Aren't you going with Mark Ellis this time around? Why don't you shoot him a quick email and ask him what he thinks? I'm sure this isn't the first time he's come across this. Personally, I don't see why it should be an issue to use a little white-out, but that's just me.

I would NOT use white-out because a picky evaluator is going to want to see what you are trying to cover up. Just cross out the incorrect information and write in the correct, and then initial it.

I would NOT use white-out because a picky evaluator is going to want to see what you are trying to cover up. Just cross out the incorrect information and write in the correct, and then initial it.

From everything I have seen and read corrections on the G-325A is fine, the G-325A is a support form.