white slip 4-20-2009

I have not heard from USCIS on returned I-130 application.Will I hear from USCIS or is it final that it has been denied?what will the next step be?

It's difficult to give you any specific information without really knowing more about your case, especially which USCIS Service Center you were processed through.

I have not heard from USCIS on returned I-130 application.Will I hear from USCIS or is it final that it has been denied?what will the next step be?

It's difficult to give you any specific information without really knowing more about your case, especially which USCIS Service Center you were processed through.

The USCIS service center is California . She had the interview on 4-20-2009 and was given a white slip due to her english was poor. The I-130 was returned to the California service center and I have not heard from them.It has been 6 months since the interview.Will USCIS contact me or is the white slip final?

The USCIS service center is California . She had the interview on 4-20-2009 and was given a white slip due to her english was poor. The I-130 was returned to the California service center and I have not heard from them.It has been 6 months since the interview.Will USCIS contact me or is the white slip final?

Yes USCIS should send you a letter giving you an option to contest the decision.

Since it has been this long you may want to schedule an info-pass appointment at USCIS and ask about this, or call DOS visa services to find out when the consulate sent the case back to the states.

DOS: 202-663-1225

First time I have heard of a denial due to poor English.

Yes USCIS should send you a letter giving you an option to contest the decision.

Since it has been this long you may want to schedule an info-pass appointment at USCIS and ask about this, or call DOS visa services to find out when the consulate sent the case back to the states.

But probably not the first time we've heard of a denial based on the assumption of non-bonafide based on the assumption that the couple can't communicate based on the beneficiary's poor English. Hopefully, the OP understands that going forward and was just shorthanding that by saying "due to her English was poor".

Sorry, At the begining of interview, The VO asked her a question and she did not understand the VO.the interview ended and said it was not a bona-fide relationship.

I know for a fact you will never receive anything from anybody stateside for a denial. I got denied twice already and have heard nothing at all from anybody.

As for the language barrier, in HK they said that to me also, and thats just a cop-out for them. I know of plenty of people around China that get approved and the language barrier means nothing.

But, I heard GUZ is building that up as a denial for many people.

You also remember that GUZ is the toughest place to get a visa, that is why i have ELLIS as my lawyer this time.

I am sick of GUZ's...... B.S.

A white slip IS final - there is no appealing the denial of the visa.

The USCIS deals ONLY with the petition, and not the beneficiary's visa application. They may decide to hold a revocation (of the original petition) hearing, or they may decide to reaffirm the petition, and send it back to Guangzhou for a second shot at a visa.

Or, they may do nothing at all

Trying to track it would be an exercise in frustration - just watch your mailbox for any communication from them.

BrokenHeart is right - a common language is NOT a requirement for a visa, but some VO's translate that into "not a bona fide relationship"

I recommend Marc Ellis also.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Poor English was a factor in our denial, although not the only one.

As Dan said you should schedule the info pass appointment and find out what the status of the petition is. With an I-130 the procedure that the USCIS will follow is revocation of the petition. The first step in this process is to issue you a letter of "intent to revoke."