AOS Interview Revisited

Hello everyone,

Well, on August 18th I posted our AOS interview and told you that they didn't have one item...Our packet that was dropped off at LAX (POE).

Well, we were told in August that we should wait 60 days before getting back in touch...I did to a certain extent...I only waited 45 days before I made an INFOpass appointment (Oct. 15th).

So here goes with what transpired......

At the appointment Ling and I talked with a young woman. She was not the one who interviewed us for the AOS interview.

At the AOS interview we were told that we passed everything except that they were waiting for the packet from China.

So, the inforpass woman told us that besides us there were thirty other people waiting for the same thing....(it would seem that they miss place allot of these packets ).

I asked her what we needed to do to speed up things or what we could do.

Of course she could not tell us and she said wait another 30 to 60 days.

I told her that this could go on forever!!!!!

What if USCIS lost the packet??

OH..We didn't lose it...it's just miss place.

BOY...talk about getting put off.

So..since she could not answer my question...."I asked to talk to a supervisor".

OK.. she went to get her supervisor.

About 20 minutes later, her supervisor showed up and said,,that he had reviewed our AOS file and everything was fine and give him two weeks to see what the problem was. He also said he would have an answer for me in two weeks.

I think he was actually making me wait the full 60 days because I think he knew what was needed.

He also told me I didn't have to make an infopass appointment...just walk in and give the guards his name and I could get in without an appointment.

So, two weeks passed and Ling and I walked in and gave his name and I told the guards I needed to see him.

I didn't see him, but his under-person came out with three I-693's and gave them to me.

Well, I knew all along that this is what we would have to do...so we made an appointment with another Civil Surgeon for full medicals for Ling and the boys.( which by the way cost me $700.00),,but it was worth it....... :D :D

They had TB skin tests which all came out negative,

and Immunization shots recorded which we had for the supplemental were done again.

And than blood work for HIV for Ling and the boys.

So, complete medicals.

On the day that we were got the paper work for the medicals, we finished early,,so I decided To take the paper work over to USCIS NC office and give them to the supervisor.

Three envelopes were handed to the supervisor and He said that he would have The AOS processed ASAP.

So, the next day (27th of Oct.) we were notified by email that the AOS was approved and cards were on order (give us 30 days to process).

Well, that is it,,,we are finally approved and the green cards are being processed.

So, we will not have to deal with USCIS for one year and 9 months at which time ,,,I will deal with "Lifting of conditional residence".

Tom and Ling

This is sadly the same experience i had with USCIS...they knew after 2 weeks that my application had been misplaced or lost but they gave me the run-around (and you must wait 90 days) until finally they "found" that my application was never actually sent to NVC after NOA-2.

They had to nerve to ask me after if there was "anything else they could HELP me with".....