China - India Tension

China and India continue with border tension. First India irritated China by an official going to the disputed Arunachel Pradesh region, and then China irritates India by committing to projects in Pakistani occupied Kashmir.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/10/1...hina/index.html

You and CNN have that wrong! Arunachal has been part of India for ever and the "official" that went there was the Indian prime minister and the Dalai Lama will vist there soon.

China is now laying claim to it because of the Tibetian connection.

I am orginally from India. When I was in China last week I was asked by my SO, her family and friends as to why India and US are getting to gather to gang up on China. There is a lot of media coverage about this there and the Chinese govt is trying to create an anti India sentiment amongst its population.

China and India continue with border tension. First India irritated China by an official going to the disputed Arunachel Pradesh region, and then China irritates India by committing to projects in Pakistani occupied Kashmir.

You and CNN have that wrong! Arunachal has been part of India for ever and the "official" that went there was the Indian prime minister and the Dalai Lama will vist there soon.

I am orginally from India. When I was in China last week I was asked by my SO, her family and friends as to why India and US are getting to gather to gang up on China. There is a lot of media coverage about this there and the Chinese govt is trying to create an anti India sentiment amongst its population.

I'm not sure, but I think I have read where China & India have had border tensions for many, many years now. Is that true?

Edited by GDBILL (see edit history)

I'm not sure, but I think I have read where China & India have had border tensions for many, many years now. Is that true?

Yes it is true. China wants to turn the clock back on history and refuses to accept the Durrand line (i think thats what its called) as the border.