Naturalization Interview in Portland, OR

My wife passed her interview yesterday. It was much quicker and easier than we expected. The officer did not even want to look at all of our evidence and documents other than ID.

Since she is changing her name, we need to wait for a court date which will be in a couple of months before she is sworn in. But at this point, I think all we can do is wait!

Thanks to everyone on this forum who has guided us along the way. :lol:

Edited by audelair (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Done with the oath today!

Now we have to change names on a whole bunch of stuff!

Went to the SS office today to update name and citizenship status. I think it went smooth, but when we got home, the letter they printed said "this is to acknowledge that you applied for a social security number on xxxx date"

We will keep the same number, right? For others that did this, can you verify that you had the same wording on your letter?

Done with the oath today!

Now we have to change names on a whole bunch of stuff!

Went to the SS office today to update name and citizenship status. I think it went smooth, but when we got home, the letter they printed said "this is to acknowledge that you applied for a social security number on xxxx date"

We will keep the same number, right? For others that did this, can you verify that you had the same wording on your letter?

Her SSN will stay the same. What you are doing is pretty much the same as if an American woman gets married.