Things to do when she gets here.

Ask Don about pre-nups.  His favorite topic!

LEAST favorite! :)

Oh Don...don't be so bitter your wife made you sign one. Where is she anyway? This could be a job for Scoooby Doooooo.............

I was thinking about starting a thread on the topic Don. Whaddya think? :blink: :) :(

NO! NO! NO!

Can't you guys argue about anything more than why you shouldn't argue about a subject!!!! :P <_< :lol:

Fortunately, most people were very expressive of their thoughts earlier, and I assume that anybody reading the history can get the idea of the discussions. Perhaps we should let this one rest a little longer. :P

----- Clifford ------

I'm no expert with women, but my first wife was from Hong Kong 25 years ago. Sure, cultural differences enter into a relationship, and mainland Chinese are certainly different than Hong Kong Chinese. But we all know lily white people who went to high school, got married, and still had the basic marital problems - even though their cultural upbringing was identical.

So it can't all be about cultural differences. I think in any civilized culture, all man/woman relationships require the same basic ingredients: communication (which means you need to listen also), trust, sharing, love, helping, teaching, giving,etc. Sex of course (lots of quality sex hopefully!) Don't sweat the small stuff. Cherish her and respect her. Give her gifts all the time. Let the house be her "nest", the garage can be yours. Learn to resolve differences. If her English is poor, you will mis-communicate. Learn to have more patience than you ever thought possible. If she comes up with bizzare supersitious stuff, don't argue about it - let her have her beliefs, and ask her to let you have yours.

Don't always insist on being right. Maybe you are the expert here in America, but she is an intelligent and capable woman.

Whatever little choices you make throughout the day with her will create your relationship day by day. So if she doesn't look happy about something, you better talk about it. If she's premenstral, do not fight with her! In fact, be smart and track her cycle so you can be prepared for that.

She will teach you ways to save money you never thought possible. Embrace it!

And if the relationship still doesn't work out, well - life is an adventure isn't it?

Good luck.

John Boy