I-130 / G235a Question

Have a few questions regarding the I-130 / G235a that I wish to make sure I'm correct on before sending off:

I-130

1. Section B for the address - I'm currently living in China, so I put my Chinese address on here right? Secondly, if this is the address they're going to use to send things via mail, then I don't have access to a mailbox here. Could I put my school address instead?

2. Question 7 is about any other names being used. Is it necessary that I put my wife's 'English' name here? It's not used on anything legal of hers.

3. Question 19 & 21 - My wife is living with me (and has been for awhile) so the address that goes into both of these fields should be the same correct?

4. It only says for the family name to be in all capital letters - so that's the only thing I put in full caps. I don't think it's that serious, but just wanted to make sure.

G235a

1. I need to make 4 copies of both of ours (so 4 of mine, and 4 of hers) is that correct?

2. File number is left blank? We've never filled anything - so I don't have a 'number'

3. Under Mom and Dad's Date of Birth, the form is cutting off the year when I type it in. It's supposed to be XX/XX/XXXX but after typing that all that is visible is XX/XX/XX. (with half of the 3rd number) - Can I just fill this in with ink after printing, or will it be ok after printing?

4. Employment history:

My wife was a student from 2002 - 2005 but the University name is so long that it takes up a complete line by itself so I shortened from:

Hubei E<something> M<something> University with the address on a second line
to
H.E.M.U., 918 Xiongchu Ave, WuHan,China
will this be ok?

from 2005 - 2006 she was not employed so I wrote:

Unemployed (Job Searching) / Unemployed / Jul 2005 / Jun 2006

I think that will be ok - right?

5. "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:"

We're attempting to get a CR-1 via DCF - so do I mark the box "Status as Permanent Resident" or do I mark other and write something in the box? What should I write?

6. What is this 'Alien Registration Number' it's asking for in the final box?

---

Thanks, I know these questions are pretty nit-picky but I just don't want anything to go wrong and I figure it's better to ask and be sure then to guess and have to do it over again.

~Tom

1) Use an address to which you can receive mail.

2) Other names used is for names that are used in a legal sence like a prior married name or maiden name. "English" name is a nic-name and should not be listed unless it is being used as a legal name.

3) Correct if living together then use same address.

4) Correct all caps.

G-325A

1) not 4 copies, G-325A was a 4 page document if you have the 4 page doc fill on page one and print all four pages, each page has a different footer. If you have the single page NEW version, then just one copy is needed from you and your spouse. http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Services%20&amp...Forms/g-325.pdf

2) File number is "NONE" it will late be A# but this will be assigned bu USCIS at a later time and will be green-card number.

3) Use a 2 didgit year so for example my birth year is 1964, but i will use 64.

4) Should be fine, or simply "College Student" She is not employed by the school

5) Check other and state I-130 Visa Petition

6) This will be her Green-Card number "NONE"

On her g325a at the bottom, you put her name (alien number - 000-00-0000)

On your g325a at the bottom, you put your name (alien number - 000-00-0000)

G-325A

The form specifically shows above the field to use mm/dd/yyyy format - is it going to cause complications (silly in my opinion) to use the mm/dd/yy format?

G-325A

The form specifically shows above the field to use mm/dd/yyyy format - is it going to cause complications (silly in my opinion) to use the mm/dd/yy format?

We had the same issue. Dan is correct, just use the last two digits of the year. The 19 is assumed. We didn't have any problems doing that. DHS-Beijing is aware of the form issue.

Edited by KJJ (see edit history)

G-325A

Then Write it in by hand.

At the bottom of the G-325A where it asks for Applicant's name/Alien registration number, what did you put on your (the US Citizen's) G-325A? Did you put your wife's name in that space or your own name?

On my own G-325 I'm not clear who it is referring to by saying "Applicant"

Since I was born in the USA I wrote "NONE" if you are a naturalized citizen, then take the A# off of your naturalization cert.

G-325A

This doesn't fit on the form... Seems like if that's what they wanted me to type it would fit, no?

Also the line that says Applicant's Last address outside the United States of more than one year - again since we've been living together then it will be the same address of our home right?

Edited by vpr (see edit history)

G-325A

This doesn't fit on the form... Seems like if that's what they wanted me to type it would fit, no?

Also the line that says Applicant's Last address outside the United States of more than one year - again since we've been living together then it will be the same address of our home right?

1) Can be shortened to "I-130 Petition"

2) Correct, use current address in China.

G-325A

1) Can be shortened to "I-130 Petition"

2) Correct, use current address in China.

Thank you

For the time from (From - To) since I'm currently living in the house is it ok to leave the "TO" section blank, or should I write "Present" over the 2 spots in ink?

For the time from (From - To) since I'm currently living in the house is it ok to leave the "TO" section blank, or should I write "Present" over the 2 spots in ink?

Yes, can write "Present"

Have a few questions regarding the I-130 / G235a that I wish to make sure I'm correct on before sending off:

I-130

1. Section B for the address - I'm currently living in China, so I put my Chinese address on here right? Secondly, if this is the address they're going to use to send things via mail, then I don't have access to a mailbox here. Could I put my school address instead?

2. Question 7 is about any other names being used. Is it necessary that I put my wife's 'English' name here? It's not used on anything legal of hers.

3. Question 19 & 21 - My wife is living with me (and has been for awhile) so the address that goes into both of these fields should be the same correct?

4. It only says for the family name to be in all capital letters - so that's the only thing I put in full caps. I don't think it's that serious, but just wanted to make sure.

G235a

1. I need to make 4 copies of both of ours (so 4 of mine, and 4 of hers) is that correct?

2. File number is left blank? We've never filled anything - so I don't have a 'number'

3. Under Mom and Dad's Date of Birth, the form is cutting off the year when I type it in. It's supposed to be XX/XX/XXXX but after typing that all that is visible is XX/XX/XX. (with half of the 3rd number) - Can I just fill this in with ink after printing, or will it be ok after printing?

4. Employment history:

My wife was a student from 2002 - 2005 but the University name is so long that it takes up a complete line by itself so I shortened from:

Hubei E<something> M<something> University with the address on a second line
to
H.E.M.U., 918 Xiongchu Ave, WuHan,China
will this be ok?

from 2005 - 2006 she was not employed so I wrote:

Unemployed (Job Searching) / Unemployed / Jul 2005 / Jun 2006

I think that will be ok - right?

5. "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:"

We're attempting to get a CR-1 via DCF - so do I mark the box "Status as Permanent Resident" or do I mark other and write something in the box? What should I write?

6. What is this 'Alien Registration Number' it's asking for in the final box?

---

Thanks, I know these questions are pretty nit-picky but I just don't want anything to go wrong and I figure it's better to ask and be sure then to guess and have to do it over again.

~Tom

Your time line reads like and Evolution of Relationship Letter. Print it out so that you will have it for your interview.

Your time line reads like and Evolution of Relationship Letter. Print it out so that you will have it for your interview.

Thanks... Do you mean for her interview? I wasn't aware *I* had to do an interview.

Since you are married what is hers is yours, and what is yours is hers, so the interview is yours.

The consulate will interview her, however USCIS located in the consulate or embassy may want to interview the both of you together, I have read of this from time to time.