Talked to DOS today!

I am not sure if i believe this. I talked to DOS today. They told me that my P3 had been sent out on 11-05-2003, She also told me that it showed in her computer that Guangzhou had replied in my E-mail inquiry that they had told me the P3 was sent on 11-05-2003. That is not true!

Here is the last E-mail i recieved from them on 11-12-2003...

Dear applicant,

Thank you for your email. We have not received your file from the National

Visa Center (NVC). We normally receive visa petitions between two to three

months from NVC. Once we receive the petition, we will notify your wife by

sending her an instruction packet. You can expect three to five months

between the time we first receive a petition and schedule an interview.

The Immigrant Visa Unit

The DOS lady told me the E-mail sent from Guangzhou was dated 11-12-2003 stating they had sent the P3 on 11-05-2003!

So now i am in a bit of confusion!

Hopefully my wife will be recieving her P3 soon, I just saw where Jerry had recieved his today!

Great news, patrick

DOS had also told me that ours was sent out on 11/5, at least when they checked using the GUZ case number. The status on my NVC number showed that it was loaded on 11/10, which seems more likely given that we only received the packet on the fourteenth. I don't know if they have these rogue 11/5 entries running around on their system or what.

Sounds like the thing to do is to ping GZ again to get an answer. I've noticed they've been really fast at e-mail lately. My last mail to them was answered in three hours. It does sound promising that they can pull you up in the computer. That's a big step...

Jerry

I am not sure if i believe this. I talked to DOS today. They told me that my P3 had been sent out on 11-05-2003

Patrick, I'll take this as good news for you and Li. I hope things go more smoothly for you now.

It does indeed sound like good news but, as always in this process, optimism must always be mixed with caution. All in all, it sounds good. Hope the Packet arrives soon. :D

Opposite for me on the E-mails. Averaging over 7 days with sometimes no reply at all! I sent another one on Tuesday this week, hopefully they will confirm what DOS told me on the next E-mail.

Patrick

I saw on 001 that someone named Ling with a NVC date 9/16 reported a P3 date of 11/6. Keep your fingers crossed!

Jerry

I am not sure if i believe this. I talked to DOS today. They told me that my P3 had been sent out on 11-05-2003, She also told me that it showed in her computer that Guangzhou had replied in my E-mail inquiry that they had told me the P3 was sent on 11-05-2003. That is not true!

I think it is good news but need to reconfirm it with GZ.

Good luck

Karen