Current time frame for NOA2 I-129F

What's the current time frame for receiving NOA2 for filing a I-129F (No RFE, I hope). This would be for K3 visa. It's been about two weeks since I received the first letter. Is there any way to check the status by calling or online. I did not opt for electronic filing.

look at this link.

Time lines

You will more than likely receive the I-192F NOA2 at the SAME time as I-130 NOA2, filing the I-129F for K-3 tends to slow the process abit while USCIS ties the two petitions together. USCIS has been approving BOTH at the same time lately.

Also with the accelerated processing of I-130 at NVC and the electronic options at NVC for I-130 the I-129F (K-3) has become an irrelevant visa type.

You will more than likely receive the I-192F NOA2 at the SAME time as I-130 NOA2, filing the I-129F for K-3 tends to slow the process abit while USCIS ties the two petitions together. USCIS has been approving BOTH at the same time lately.

Also with the accelerated processing of I-130 at NVC and the electronic options at NVC for I-130 the I-129F (K-3) has become an irrelevant visa type.

Except for those who have a use for it

What's the current time frame for receiving NOA2 for filing a I-129F (No RFE, I hope). This would be for K3 visa. It's been about two weeks since I received the first letter. Is there any way to check the status by calling or online. I did not opt for electronic filing.

Our I-129F for our K-3 was received by the CSC on 8/7/09 and it was approved by 9/23/09. NVC approval was then 10/2/09 for both I-130 and I-129F for K-3. See our timelines...

BTW, you can register for online case status with USCIS at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do or if that doesn't work just go to www.uscis.gov and hit on thelinks to register your case. you can then get online and even mobile phone alerts, for any updates to your case. You'll need your USCIS case number to register.

Good Luck!!

Splinterman

Edited by splinterman (see edit history)

BTW, you can register for online case status with USCIS at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do or if that doesn't work just go to www.uscis.gov and hit on thelinks to register your case. you can then get online and even mobile phone alerts, for any updates to your case. You'll need your USCIS case number to register.

Good Luck!!

Splinterman

Great Information.. Thanks you. I registered the two cases are right now they are in the Initial Review status. Can you help me better understand a few other things.

Once the I-130 and I-129F NOA2 is received will there be just once case number?

When checking your cases status on USCIS at what point do they send out the NOA2. Is the timeframe from beginning to end? From when the first filing is done tell the visa is issued.

The current time frame for CSC is listed at 5 months. Is this just for the initial review before the NOA2 is sent or is it from beginning to end for the K3 process?

{edit} Fixed broken quote tags

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Good Luck!!

Splinterman

Great Information.. Thanks you. I registered the two cases are right now they are in the Initial Review status. Can you help me better understand a few other things.

When checking your cases status on USCIS at what point do they send out the NOA2. Is the timeframe from beginning to end? From when the first filing is done tell the visa is issued.

The current time frame for CSC is listed at 5 months. Is this just for the initial review before the NOA2 is sent or is it from beginning to end for the K3 process?

No, you'll get separate case numbers for the I-130 and the I-129F. Once the cases are approved you'll get an e-mail alert for each case. On our petitions, I checked the online case status almost every day and there were no updates or anything indicating that the CSC was even looking at the petitions. Then one day, the emails show up and I was informed they were 'approved'.

When the cases went to the NVC I called them every couple of days which irked at least one operator because she told me "It can take up to 90 days for us to receive a case." I'm sure there is a note placed in the file each time you call them. I last called on Friday with no information that they had even been received. The next day I received in the snail mail a letter from the NVC, dated 2 Oct, that said that our K-3 was approved and being sent to the Hong Kong consulate in the next week. I knew they approved both K-3 and CR-1 together so I called that afternoon and sure enough, their system showed that our CR-1 was approved also, and they gave me the I-130 case number. My point is, the NVC telephonic case status service didn't show any approval and I only found out when I received the letter on the K-3, I think several days later. That prompted me to call and ask about the I-130

Although many people tell you to look at the timelines on the USCIS website to get an idea how long your petition will take to work it's way through, I would tell you to pay more attention to the timelines of the folks on CFL for a more accurate idea. Ours was fast-and I think it's because of all the extra people USCIS hired last year, plus the number of petitions filed was down this year, so the ones they received I believe have worked their way through the system much quicker. Check out my timeline for an idea of how fast things went for us.

The best thing I think you can do is to make sure that your email alert is turned on on the Case Status page of the USCIS website.

BTW, when I got the emails about our case being approved the one about the I-129F was first, sent at 7:30 EST and the I-130 approval went out at 11:30pm EST. Same day, within hours of one another.

Hope this helps! Don't worry, the time goes faster than you think...!

Splinterman

Edited by splinterman (see edit history)

Good Luck!!

Splinterman

No, you'll get separate case numbers for the I-130 and the I-129F. Once the cases are approved you'll get an e-mail alert for each case. On our petitions, I checked the online case status almost every day and there were no updates or anything indicating that the CSC was even looking at the petitions. Then one day, the emails show up and I was informed they were 'approved'.

When the cases went to the NVC I called them every couple of days which irked at least one operator because she told me "It can take up to 90 days for us to receive a case." I'm sure there is a note placed in the file each time you call them. I last called on Friday with no information that they had even been received. The next day I received in the snail mail a letter from the NVC, dated 2 Oct, that said that our K-3 was approved and being sent to the Hong Kong consulate in the next week. I knew they approved both K-3 and CR-1 together so I called that afternoon and sure enough, their system showed that our CR-1 was approved also, and they gave me the I-130 case number. My point is, the NVC telephonic case status service didn't show any approval and I only found out when I received the letter on the K-3, I think several days later. That prompted me to call and ask about the I-130

Although many people tell you to look at the timelines on the USCIS website to get an idea how long your petition will take to work it's way through, I would tell you to pay more attention to the timelines of the folks on CFL for a more accurate idea. Ours was fast-and I think it's because of all the extra people USCIS hired last year, plus the number of petitions filed was down this year, so the ones they received I believe have worked their way through the system much quicker. Check out my timeline for an idea of how fast things went for us.

The best thing I think you can do is to make sure that your email alert is turned on on the Case Status page of the USCIS website.

BTW, when I got the emails about our case being approved the one about the I-129F was first, sent at 7:30 EST and the I-130 approval went out at 11:30pm EST. Same day, within hours of one another.

Hope this helps! Don't worry, the time goes faster than you think...!

Splinterman

nice info !