Interview with 8-year old son

Next week is our interview with our 8-year old son who came over on a K2. His mom already got her green card, and is China visiting family, so it will be just me and our son at the interview. It seems a lot of the things requested to bring don't apply for the son (such as joint bank accounts, join returns, etc...).

What exactly should I bring to the interview? Birth certificate, passport, anything else?

Any idea what kind of questions they might ask him?

I was really hoping that would skip the interview for our son, since it seems redundant (as well as causes him to miss school). But, we have to go, so I just want to make sure we're prepared. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Bill

Next week is our interview with our 8-year old son who came over on a K2. His mom already got her green card, and is China visiting family, so it will be just me and our son at the interview. It seems a lot of the things requested to bring don't apply for the son (such as joint bank accounts, join returns, etc...).

What exactly should I bring to the interview? Birth certificate, passport, anything else?

I was really hoping that would skip the interview for our son, since it seems redundant (as well as causes him to miss school). But, we have to go, so I just want to make sure we're prepared. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Bill

The relationship in question year is yours and your wife's, so bring all the same evidence you did for her interview, plus pictures of your family, and any documents to show that he lives with you.

It should be a pretty light interview.

• 1 month later...

Bill

Bill,

Just curious how your son's interview went? I have an interview for my wife's 17 year old daughter coming Dec. 11 and was wondering what they wanted to talk to her about and what evidence to bring. We had some trouble with the wife's interview but now have her green card in hand. I figured with that the daughter's card would be automatic but I guess not. If you have any advice I'm all ears....

Thanks,

Brian