One friend in China went through a long 3 year ordeal with a USC to come here on a fiancee visa. Immediately I told her that I did not think he was serious. In May they finally got their white and a non bon a fide, which he is not going to pursue.

She recently received a request from a man from NJ that claims to recently lost his wife and wants her to come here to a Nanny. Claims to have lots of money. Pay her $500 a week and can get her a quick work visa. He already has had her pay 2000 RMB to help with the process to someone. This part is sketchy, since I learned of this last night. And my YM is having issues, so I cannot cut and paste his basically a contract to her claiming he could get a Nanny here, but wants a foreign Nanny. He is 43 and she is 51.

He even asked her about her home, if she owned and how much it is worth.......

I told her to stop correspondence immediately and run. She is looking to find a man to love and after reading his comments to her, I think he is looking for a maid with benefits....

Any thoughts here will also be appreciate?

Can this guy even get a visa for a "Nanny"? Work visa?

WOW........Thanks, Dan.

That opens up a whole new arena of thought. I will see what she decides and try to find time to further look into this.

I still think she should RUN...and not give up on her dream of finding someone first. I think she wishes to look once here, but my gut feeling is that I do not trust this guy's intentions.

I am not an expert on this but I thought aupair was more of a cultural exchange thing for college kids where they can go to school here for a year.

If that is the case then not sure if it will apply to a 51 year old

Correct, Au-Pair is a J-Visa for cultural exchange, more than likely a 51 year old would not qualify.

She should run from this one.

One friend in China went through a long 3 year ordeal with a USC to come here on a fiancee visa. Immediately I told her that I did not think he was serious. In May they finally got their white and a non bon a fide, which he is not going to pursue.

She recently received a request from a man from NJ that claims to recently lost his wife and wants her to come here to a Nanny. Claims to have lots of money. Pay her $500 a week and can get her a quick work visa. He already has had her pay 2000 RMB to help with the process to someone. This part is sketchy, since I learned of this last night. And my YM is having issues, so I cannot cut and paste his basically a contract to her claiming he could get a Nanny here, but wants a foreign Nanny. He is 43 and she is 51.

He even asked her about her home, if she owned and how much it is worth.......

I told her to stop correspondence immediately and run. She is looking to find a man to love and after reading his comments to her, I think he is looking for a maid with benefits....

Any thoughts here will also be appreciate?

Can this guy even get a visa for a "Nanny"? Work visa?

She's out 2000 RMB so far?? Is this guy Nigerian ?? Does he want her bank account information?

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/visa_j1.html

J-1 Exchange Visitor Eligibility Requirements: Individuals meet the criteria for a J1 Exchange Visitor Visa if they are coming to the United States as a student, scholar, trainee, teacher, professor, research assistant, medical graduate, or international visitor who are participating in a program of studies, training, research, or a cultural enrichment program that is specifically designed for such individuals by the United States Department of State, through its Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa Application Guide is an informative and comprehensive guide to the J-1 Visa and contains everything an individual needs to know in order to successfully apply for this visa.

Activities covered by the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa programs include:

* Au-pair and nanny

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

My wife made friends with a 001 girl online who just went back to China after her fiancee didn't want to marry her. She began looking again and a few weeks ago encountered a man who said he loved etc etc . . . then he tells her he is sending $13,000 cash through the mail. :rolleyes: Ying kept asking me why a guy would do that and then reporting my opinion back to her friend. So finally the friend gets a call from a "shipping company" in hong Kong who wants her bank account information to deduct $800 in tax for receiving the $13,000 which will be released to her after the transaction. My wife told her to walk away immediately. Haven't heard anything since, but I hope she did. I guess I was surprised the scammers went for the Chinese too.

THANKS......again for the help and suggestions.

I need to sign off for awhile, since soon Mei is boarding her plane and after being a bachelor for way too many years (whole life), my life is soon to change...and I still need to work on preparing my home :D

But I just got a YM from her (Karen) and after she consulted her legal friends today about this man and what he was proposing, they all told her the same thing.....

RUN!!!