Question on Interview

Hi all,

I just want to prepare my wife as much as I can about the interview and its process. I read many posts from previous interviewee that the beneficiary will be asked few questions (pre-interview questions) before the actual interview. Do they ask the same questions to each person? (some questions I read are: were you a ccp member? have you ever been to the US or hk or macau? etc)

thanks

In spite of David's sarcasm, I think you asked and important question. I think that they ask these questions in order to see if the relationship story is consistent.

I think they also ask while in person to have on record the person answering a certain way, so that if something pops up later on down the road it's easy for them to take action based off knowingly lying. (even though I highly doubt their ability to detect or know 80% or more of the people who lie, but why take the risk)

An affirmative answer to "are you a CCP member" usually results in a blue slip, which you'll have to overcome.

Taken from the CFL FAQ

TOP 10 MOST COMMON QUESTIONS [what they establish]:

1. May I see your passport(s) ; Also give petitioner passport if you have it [ Establishes eligibility and petitioner¡¯s visits]

2. Who applied for you / who is the petitioner [Establishes your understanding of the petitioner]

3. How did you meet / where did you meet [Establishes that you meet]

4. How many times did he come / How long has he visited you each visit / how much time have you been together [Establishes bona-fide relationship via number of visits or amount of time together; If the VO has the petitioner passport (or copy), then this is akin to a test question. He already knows this by looking at the passport.]

5. What does he do / where does he live [Establishes relationship, that you know your fianc¨¦e / spouse]

6. Are either of you previously married / have children (k3/CR1, be prepared: If yes, most likely more to come]

7. Do you have photos [Establishes relationship]

8. Do you have financial (I-134 / taxes & W2 / employment) documents [Establishes meeting the financial requirements]

9. Do you have plans to marry / where will you marry (k1 only) [Establishes your intent to marry and live in US]

10. Are you a communist? [Establishes any ineligibility]

Read more:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...rview+questions

About the Communist Party - Read this:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;hl=communist

No, they do not ask the exact same questions to every single applicant, as each situation is different. But, I believe they will ask a variety of questions to ensure that (for applicant):

1. Relationship with petitioner is legitimate

2. Time in America will not become a public financial burden.

3. There are no ineligibly issues (ie, are you a member of the CCP)