China at 60

i watch how you talk about women with interest and a concern, i dont talk about or from feminism but from culture the days in china of women being same as men and deserving same respect started 60 years ago. to see women as thunder thighs makes them lose face and is disrespectful. I would have believed more from members here :lol:

Surely you jest, Jin! :mobrun: The culture of equal respect for women does not exist in China. If it did, why do so many of you want out??? Women are paid less for the same job, work more hours, are treated like slaves and housekeepers by their husbands, are beaten for being disobedient....yup...sure sounds like equal respect to me!!! :ph34r:

Just cause Mao the Murderer said it, doesn't make it true or accepted.

".........

China is developing. Your daughters might find promising future in China. At that time, you will be a lucky father seeing your daughter grow up to another stage.

I talked with an ABC girl before she was sent to China university as an exchange student by the American university where she is persuing a business bachelor degree. She was very happy and felt very lucky. I could see your daughters' future through her.

i watch how you talk about women with interest and a concern, i dont talk about or from feminism but from culture the days in china of women being same as men and deserving same respect started 60 years ago. to see women as thunder thighs makes them lose face and is disrespectful. I would have believed more from members here :(

First of all, people -- male & female -- are often characterized and described by physical appearance in certain situations. Is it politically correct? Perhaps not. But it is nonetheless common and if one doesn't know that by now, I feel sorry for them.

Second, attractiveness in the US & China relates in large part to physical attributes. At first glance this may also seem not politically correct, but it has been this way for thousands and thousands of years and in no place more so than in China itself.

Third, how have you been able to survive into adulthood with the mind of a 2-year-old?

For those who watched the National Day parade on TV, try to obtain a DVD of the original broadcast. You will see the camera focus in on President Hu when the first regular PLA female unit passes in review and you can clearly see how they catch his attention and how animated he becomes. These girls were very attractive. When the Muffin Top Brigade appears, it's like they are day-old bread.

i watch how you talk about women with interest and a concern, i dont talk about or from feminism but from culture the days in china of women being same as men and deserving same respect started 60 years ago. to see women as thunder thighs makes them lose face and is disrespectful. I would have believed more from members here :(

Surely you jest, Jin! :lol: The culture of equal respect for women does not exist in China. If it did, why do so many of you want out??? Women are paid less for the same job, work more hours, are treated like slaves and housekeepers by their husbands, are beaten for being disobedient....yup...sure sounds like equal respect to me!!! :(

Just cause Mao the Murderer said it, doesn't make it true or accepted.

Very accurate analysis. Very accurate.

Women in China are treated as chattel and have been throughout history but for a brief moment in Chairman Mao's reign.

For those who watched the National Day parade on TV, try to obtain a DVD of the original broadcast. You will see the camera focus in on President Hu when the first regular PLA female unit passes in review and you can clearly see how they catch his attention and how animated he becomes. These girls were very attractive. When the Muffin Top Brigade appears, it's like they are day-old bread.

Entirely wrong!!!

Hu was professional through the whole parade until your so called "Muffin Top Brigade"... when he clearly smiled and waved to them... in fact I made the comment to my wife at the time about how excited he looked all of sudden... and I've watched it again to confirm I saw it correctly...

Entirely wrong!!!

Hu was professional through the whole parade until your so called "Muffin Top Brigade"... when he clearly smiled and waved to them... in fact I made the comment to my wife at the time about how excited he looked all of sudden... and I've watched it again to confirm I saw it correctly...

You must be blind.

He got all excited at the first female PLA unit.

The Muffin Top Brigade passed and he showed no excitement at all. The same thing happened in the crowd at Tiananmen. The Muffin Top Brigade was like the freak show. The female PLA units inspired heavy drooling amongst the crowd with all the ooohs & aaahs.

Entirely wrong!!!

You must be blind.

The Muffin Top Brigade passed and he showed no excitement at all. The same thing happened in the crowd at Tiananmen. The Muffin Top Brigade was like the freak show. The female PLA units inspired heavy drooling amongst the crowd with all the ooohs & aaahs.

Reminds me of the grandmother sitting at the parade... when the soldiers came marching by she nudged the person next to her and said "Look, everyone is out of step, except my Johnny!"

So, yes Johnny (GZBILL), I guess by those standards... I am blind and out of step.

Entirely wrong!!!

You must be blind.

Reminds me of the grandmother sitting at the parade... when the soldiers came marching by she nudged the person next to her and said "Look, everyone is out of step, except my Johnny!"

So, yes Johnny (GZBILL), I guess by those standards... I am blind and out of step.

... And by other standards delusional.

but, hey, God gave people the right to be daft. Enjoy.