Police Cert. concern

Hi guys,

Lately ive been reading about some of these police cert sagas and it got me a little shook up. Because UAE does not give police certs unless you are in its country. Now technically my SO was not a resident of UAE, she was on a tourist visa that she just kept having to renew each month(leaving the country for 2 weeks or more), but the total accumalitive time she was in the UAE was over a year. I just a little confused on what i should do?

It will not be required because of 2 reasons.

1) She was never a resident of UAE

2) UAE WILL NOT issue a cert unless you are currently a RESIDENT there.

Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE.

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport.

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3698.html

The consulate is well aware of this and has been instructed by DOS to waive the requirement in the case of UAE

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Lately ive been reading about some of these police cert sagas and it got me a little shook up. Because UAE does not give police certs unless you are in its country. Now technically my SO was not a resident of UAE, she was on a tourist visa that she just kept having to renew each month(leaving the country for 2 weeks or more), but the total accumalitive time she was in the UAE was over a year. I just a little confused on what i should do?

Nothing! We did print out the waiver for the interview just in case the VO needed a reminder.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=378704