How SHOULD cases be prioritized at INS

How SHOULD cases be prioritized at the INS (BCIS, NVC, GZ)?

If we are going to argue that K1,K2,K3,&K4 cases be given additional resources, how should we answer why our cases deserve more attention than other cases?

What about V1-V4 (Perminant Resident Aliens sponsoring Alien Fiancess & Spouses)? I belive that my research indicated that there are more V1-V4 visas issued than K1-K4 visas.

. . . Tourists?

. . . Temporary Workers?

. . . Students?

. . . Professors & Knowledge Exchange

I think there are a few other "important" classifications of visas that I am missing.

(of course, everyone's opinion counts)

Thanks,

Clifford

How SHOULD cases be prioritized at the INS  (BCIS, NVC, GZ)?

If we are going to argue that K1,K2,K3,&K4 cases be given additional resources, how should we answer why our cases deserve more attention than other cases?

What about V1-V4 (Perminant Resident Aliens sponsoring Alien Fiancess & Spouses)?  I belive that my research indicated that there are more V1-V4 visas issued than K1-K4 visas.

. . . Tourists?

. . . Temporary Workers?

. . . Students?

. . . Professors & Knowledge Exchange

I think there are a few other "important" classifications of visas that I am missing.

(of course, everyone's opinion counts)

Thanks,

Clifford

Clifford...

Great question! My thoughts:

Your question is asking us to compare apples, oranges, grapes, and bananas. A tourist visa has nothing to do with business visas. Business visas has nothing to do with student visas. And so on and so on. Each require totally different sets of rules and rationale. But, what do they all have in common? Each have the potential of abuse, i.e., over-stays.

One thing I've always believed is that the K Visas should have been better defined. I look at those on CFL who are legally married. THEY should be given priority over fiancee visas. I hope I don't pi$$ anyone off with that statement, but it's true. Don and I once kicked this around while talking about illegals marrying a USC and getting an AOS. Don's position is that it was a benefit to the USC to let them stay. Well...if that's the case (and I believe it is), the same should apply to a spouse living abroad. I've written before that there's no legal status in having a fiancee...only an agreement between to people in love. Marriage is totally different. It's the committment followed by a legal union. Why should Rob wait, for example, while I get to enjoy my new family...a family I have yet to marry? I ain't fighting it, but it's just not fair. If the current White House wants to encourage marriage, they should also encourage that married people actually get to live under the same roof. It's so unnatural not to live with a spouse.

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/aktion/action-smiley-031.gif

Whoa..... <_< NO CUTS..... :D

Ok, my question was how to answer a statment....."We have to wait becasuse of limited resources". While the Students, business visas, etc all are issued for different reasons, they likely share some of the same resources for processing.

As far as K1 vs K3. That wasn't what I was originally asking.

Actually, I had assumed in the past that if one got married, one could just stop by the Embassy, get the visa stamp and get on the airplane together..... Like you said, it is a different level of committment.

It just makes sense that the K1 visa would take a little more scrutiny. Yes, by treating them differently, it would generate more abuse of the K3 visas.

Now, as I understand it, the V and K visas are essentially "Probationary Visas". (No, probabation in immigration has nothing to do with crime, but rather an assignment of a visa without all of the "normal" requirements). I am still amazed they are considerd "FAST", but they were designed to facilitate getting the loved ones in the USA quicker than would otherwise be possible.

I chose to apply for a K1 visa because I felt that it would be important for my fiancee to come to the USA and see what our culture had to offer, as well as seeing what it was like to live with me. Vacations just didn't seem representative of what life would be like. Essentially that is what being engaged is about for all couples. It is a time when a couple can declare a committment for each other while still taking a little time to get to know each other better. I would have been happy with a 3-month visitor's visa after which she would return to Russia for final visa processing.

Perhaps there should be another class of visa, K5/K6... :P

This would be reserved to couples where the American counterpart has spent 1+ year living with the spouse outside of the USA before applying for the visa. These individuals seem to fall into a different class than those of us (married or not) that have only spent a few weeks with our loved ones. I would also lump married with pregnancies/children in this new category with the hope that men would not opt to get their significant others pregnant just to speed up the process.

------ Clifford ------

K-1 vs K-3 I suppose you have a point Dave but I.m not giving up my place in line lol. Actually I chose the route that seemed the fastest. At the time I filed my petition general consenus was that K-1 was faster. Otherwise I would have gotten married in China. Now it seems to pretty much be a wash. If I had known that I would have had to wait six months for NOA 2 and if by filing a K-3 the wait would have been shorter by going through a different service center... I think most of us here would have already gotten married if it was faster. That renders the difference to pretty much moot. I do aggree that Robs petition should be brought to the front of the line though since his child is a US citizen being forced to live in foreign country by his own government.