Chinese passport, need translation or notary

When the wife goes for the interview in guangzhou does she need to bring along a english translation of her passport and if so does it need to be notarized?

The instructions in the K3 packet only say to bring the passport and nothing to do with having it translated or notarized.

Nothing needs to be notarized.

The passport IS in English, nothing to translate.

I couldn't remember if it was english. thank you. I know that the passport has to be vaild for travel to the US. Does this mean that there are different types of passports issued by the Chinese government? I remember requesting that her passport be vaild for travel to the US, but not sure how to tell difference.

Nothing needs to be notarized.

The passport IS in English, nothing to translate.

I couldn't remember if it was english. thank you. I know that the passport has to be vaild for travel to the US. Does this mean that there are different types of passports issued by the Chinese government? I remember requesting that her passport be vaild for travel to the US, but not sure how to tell difference.

There are several types of passports issued by the PRC:

• regular/ordinary (formerly known as "private regular/ordinary") passport;

• service, or official, passport;

• diplomatic passport;

• Special Administrative Region passports, i.e. the Hong Kong SAR passport and Macau SAR passport at present.

She will have a regular/ordinary passport, this is what is required.

[*] Special Administrative Region passports, i.e. the Hong Kong SAR passport and Macau SAR passport at present.

Do you know if the Hong Kong SAR passport is in the color blue? I think she might have two. When we got her passport in Tianjin we also applied for a Hong Kong Visa. I can't remember if this was a seperate book are not.

[*] Special Administrative Region passports, i.e. the Hong Kong SAR passport and Macau SAR passport at present.

Do you know if the Hong Kong SAR passport is in the color blue? I think she might have two. When we got her passport in Tianjin we also applied for a Hong Kong Visa. I can't remember if this was a seperate book are not.

If from mainland China, the passport is a red-book Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)