Stay Safe get a Background Check!

I have been asked by a few women wondering how do they know the American they are considering dating or getting married to is a good man? That he is not hiding another wife or has a criminal past.

Of course there is no 100% way of knowing this so I highly suggest if you're considering spending the rest of your life with a person and moving to a country where you're basically putting yourself 100% in your SO¡¯s hands, that you do what is called a ¡° Background Check¡± on this person.

http://www.intelius.com/ is just one of many such sites you can have this done on.

I don¡¯t know how you will pay for it as it¡¯s not a free service, maybe someone here has a suggestion. I think it¡¯s a small price to pay for a little peace of mind that many overlook.

I thought I'd put this out there in light of some recent events lately.

Yeah, I hired a PI and had my fiancee followed for 3 months before I decided to send in my I-129F.

j/k

On a realistic note, I can't remember the website Chinese women go to that is all in Chinese - 101 or something? I do know most Chinese women do a ton of due diligence and checking before agreeing to being a couple, marriage, etc., with an American. If a woman in China moves too fast it's usually a red flag - for the American.

Edited by Jaseball (see edit history)