Marine's Widow in Immigration Limbo

Guest Tony n Terrific

Guest Tony n Terrific

Immigration laws need to repealed here in the US. The miscegenation laws have been repealed since the 60s. Someone never told US Immigration this.

This brave young man did his honor, duty and country and now his family are basically outcasts?

Her and her son are in Tenn. She's in. Everybody knows that getting her out will be an effort that is not undertaken. She has a legal battle ahead of her, but I think she will win it. She has the requisite "anchor" baby. Any child born of a U.S. serviceman overseas is an automatic U.S. citizen. I wish her and her son well. They deserve whatever they want.

Her and her son are in Tenn. She's in. Everybody knows that getting her out will be an effort that is not undertaken. She has a legal battle ahead of her, but I think she will win it. She has the requisite "anchor" baby. Any child born of a U.S. serviceman overseas is an automatic U.S. citizen. I wish her and her son well. They deserve whatever they want.

Yes - I didn't catch that in the article. I think your assessment is exactly right, but a valid marriage in Japan is a valid marriage in the US. This is simply an immigration complication

Immigration is strange. Sometimes it feels like they lump illegals with legal immigration and even with a 10 year green card people are sometimes looked at funny.

Special situations like in this case are rare, but they do show the hardships and problems some folks face and how stupid the laws can be.

I think in many cases the government is trying to prevent illegals coming here, giving birth to a child on US soil, then using that as the reason the parents should have citizenship as well.

However, this flies in the face of some politicians who want to grant amnesty and give all illegals here citizenship or legal resident status.

I obviously feel for this lady, her new kid, and her poor husband and their relatives and hope the immigration problem is solved. Somehow I feel like it won't be easy for them and they are going to have to go through many hoops.

I just wrote a letter to the President about this situation and a few other things on Immigration.

Left him the web site address for CFL if he needs proof B)

Now I have to watch for black vans on my street <_< :P

I hope Mr. President you step in on this one along with demanding some much needed immigration reforms.

Now a Marine¡¯s family has been slapped in the face for dying for his country.

Immigration has been the source of far too many injustices through unfair and flagrant violation of the law. Not so much from USCIS but from Department of Homeland Security. There is no immediate recourse for people that have been unfairly denied visa¡¯s to enter this country.

Especially from Guangzhou China Embassy.

Please review the web site http://www.candleforlove.com/ for countless examples of there illogical, unfair and draconian practices.

Mr. President there must be change.

Very Respectfully

ME

Edited by shadeOgray (see edit history)

Yes, but this is simply a case of paperwork, maybe a court appearance, and/or an over-zealous USCIS official, and/or a sensationalized story.

She's in the country legally - no one is asking her to leave - and she has a legitimate marriage recognized by the US (just not by this particular immigration official). She will probably just need to file different paperwork (remember she has an American citizen son) or maybe just an appeal.

Crazy, USCIS should make acceptions for situations like this, especcialy for the military, the soldier fought for and died for his country, as well as his family, immigrations should NOT spit in this.

On the other side of the coin, I am not much for "Shacking Up" and if they were seriously trying to conceive a child together, they should have got married BEFORE he was deployed to the war zone. Marriage should not have been contingent upon whether or not she would get pregnant. Priorities get married first, then make baby second.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Crazy, USCIS should make acceptions for situations like this, especcialy for the military, the soldier fought for and died for his country, as well as his family, immigrations should NOT spit in this.

On the other side of the coin, I am not much for "Shacking Up" and if they were seriously trying to conceive a child together, they should have got married BEFORE he was deployed to the war zone. Marriage should not have been contingent upon whether or not she would get pregnant. Priorities get married first, then make baby second.

Yeah, the child is actually not a US Citizen if you read the article, so it isn't an anchor baby, like that case where the Mexican woman as well as her US citizen baby were both deported out of the US about a year ago.