How early to the interview?

My fiancee's interview is at 7:15 AM, October 20th.

I read about the long lines and about people who show up at the consulate at say 6:40 and don't actually have their interview until 10 or 11. I know she should get to the consulate early anyways, but how much earlier is advised?

I don't want her to think she missed the interview if she got into the line before her appointment time, and because of the long lines, they don't call her name for a couple/few hours.

Doesn't matter - make sure she gets there before they close the doors for the day.

If you want to try an experiment (No I'm NOT suggesting you try this), show up around 10:30 or 11:00 just before they close the doors. Then your total time spent there should be minimized.

The number are NOT assigned in order - don't feel like you have to beat the crowd - you won't. Show up at 7:15, or even 7:30 - you should be fine.

Edited by Randy W (see edit history)

Doesn't matter - make sure she gets there before they close the doors for the day.

If you want to try an experiment (No I'm NOT suggesting you try this), show up around 10:30 or 11:00 just before they close the doors. Then your total time spent there should be minimized.

The number are NOT assigned in order - don't feel like you have to beat the crowd - you won't. Show up at 7:15, or even 7:30 - you should be fine.

Ditto!