Financial Sponsor Question

It's very hard being away from my dear Nian and was wondering how hard it is to get a K3 if I have a financial sponsor when the final interview comes up in Guangzhou. I have enough liquid assets to cover the proverty level and can get my father as a sponsor, but am worried guangzhou will see this as reason for denial. It's still early in the stage of our K3, but would love to go back to Beijing after the I-129f is accepted and live with my wife.

Edited by JonathanM (see edit history)

The fact that it's from a family member would be a plus, as it shows that they are supportive of your endeavor.

Other than that, it depends on your (and his) income and assets and whether the VO would think she might require public assistance.

This is a case where "enough" may or may not be enough. The VO is supposed to consider the "totality of circumstances"

Your in a trade off situation; having meet and married on the first trip is sometimes not well received; so the more time you show together probably is a very good thing.. but offset by the need for a sponsor. I think the latter issue is always easier to solve.

From a historical point of view, and what VOs seem to focus on.... forget any thought about what assets you have. It's best to assume the VO wants to see a solid income stream of many years of permanent employment in the past and most likely continuing to the future. Find a sponsor who fits the 'bill'...

Your in a trade off situation; having meet and married on the first trip is sometimes not well received; so the more time you show together probably is a very good thing.. but offset by the need for a sponsor. I think the latter issue is always easier to solve.

From a historical point of view, and what VOs seem to focus on.... forget any thought about what assets you have. It's best to assume the VO wants to see a solid income stream of many years of permanent employment in the past and most likely continuing to the future. Find a sponsor who fits the 'bill'...

and domicile in the USA

I was gainfully employed when filing my K1, but have been unemployed while filing AOS and went into the interview. My assets were enough to get the adjustment, but I'm pretty sure if I were in the same boat while starting this process it would be a different story.

that's quite useful to know. I'm glad you shared that.

The visa interview is through DOS/GZ. To issue or not issue a visa is in their hands...

but we all should remember that AOS in the US is through USCIS... it's more a formality on some level.

I was gainfully employed when filing my K1, but have been unemployed while filing AOS and went into the interview. My assets were enough to get the adjustment, but I'm pretty sure if I were in the same boat while starting this process it would be a different story.

that's quite useful to know. I'm glad you shared that.

The visa interview is through DOS/GZ. To issue or not issue a visa is in their hands...

but we all should remember that AOS in the US is through USCIS... it's more a formality on some level.

Oh, it isn't a formality. They really want to make sure there is almost ZERO chance your loved one can pull any sort of government assistance and you can support them.

You're right about the separation between GUZ and in US thought. In GUZ they are looking for ANY excuse to deny or delay.

In the US we already used the issued visa to enter the US. We've already married and fulfilled that aspect of the K1. If they don't grant AOS and give the 2 year conditional green car what do they expect me to do?

Have my wife deported out of here? No, they know I will do everything I possibly can to keep my wife with me and it saves them the trouble.

Still, as I wrote in my AOS experience the people were very professional, efficient, thorough and friendly and I have no complaints.

My GUZ experience was far more stressful and we were jerked around, but US employees there did step in and help out as well and for that I am grateful.

I think you really miss the point.

Are the chances more likely to pass an AOS through GUZ or USCIS?

USCIS knows the visa has been issued by the time they do it... they would need to have a 'really big shoe' to toss at you to deny the AOS.

GUZ will toss a stingy sock just because you forget the freshener in the dryer...

Look at hundreds of cases over a few years and you'll see that it's better to dry clothes (AOS) on delicate (USCIS) than on high heat (GUZ) :Dah:

I think you really miss the point.

Are the chances more likely to pass an AOS through GUZ or USCIS?

USCIS knows the visa has been issued by the time they do it... they would need to have a 'really big shoe' to toss at you to deny the AOS.

GUZ will toss a stingy sock just because you forget the freshener in the dryer...

Look at hundreds of cases over a few years and you'll see that it's better to dry clothes (AOS) on delicate (USCIS) than on high heat (GUZ) :blink:

You're right. I'm just looking at things from the K1 experience we had. I'm not sure how the K3 works, but if it is GUZ doing an AOS then I'm sure the financial docs and current income would be areas they focus on and base denials for.

If I were in GUZ doing an AOS in my current unemployed state I would bet we would have been denied.