My wife came to the US on a K1 visa. We got married well before the 90 days. She had an emergency back in China and we did not have an approval for her to reenter the US. We are now filing for a CR1. I have a couple of questions. On forms I-130 and G-325A they ask for the A number. Do I put her A number from the P2 or leave blank since the K1 is no longer valid. Form I-130 question D.2 they just ask if I have filled a petition. I filed a I-129 for her to get the K1. Do I put the I-129 that I filled for her or leave it blank? Type of petition is not specified for this question. I have been reading a lot about electronic filing and that is the route we are taking. I have not seen much written about the time frame doing it this way. I understand some are taking as little as 4 to 5 months. Is there more data out there on the time frames. I can see where this is faster. Thanks Gene and Selina.

1) Yes you use the A# that se was assigned when doing the K-1 petition.

2) Yes you filed a prior petition (I-129F) so you will indicate this, and the result was K-1 visa approved and issued by the consulate.

You may also want to explain the reason adjustment from K-1 was not done.

3) Electronic processing at the NVC stage can shave 2-3 months off the normal processing time.

From I130 filing to interview date less than 4 months.

1 month is unusual for USCIS service center, thay can take upward of 6 months NOA1 to NOA2.

But as we can see in your case NOA2 to interview was greatly shortened by electronic processing.