The Immigration Problem….INS stands for

I thought I would browse the Congressional Record about Immigration Issues. I didn't read it word for word, but what seemed to be coming up over and over again was "The Immigration Problem", generally referring to US/Mexican Relations and illegal aliens. Apparently there are approximately 10 Million (10,000,000) illegal aliens in the USA, mostly from South of the Border. And the INS has a backlog of nearly 5 million applications and petitions. :ph34r:

It appears as if nobody in Congress even recognizes that we exist as a separate issue. Either that, or they are unwilling to support us due to a fear of poor publicity.

I did notice in the Whitehouse Documents from 2 years ago the following:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/usbudget/bl...rint/bud14.html

. . . . To improve INS' focus on service and to reduce the delays in INS

. . . . processing of immigration applications, the Administration proposes a

. . . . universal six-month standard for processing all immigration applications.

Ah,

Here is an interesting article in the Congressional Record about the creation of the BCIS:

cr25ap02H BARBARA JORDAN IMMIGRATION REFORM AND ACCOUNTABILITY ACT OF 2002 , H.R. 3231

http://frwebgate2.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/w...action=retrieve

And, I thought the Congressional Record was the driest of all documents.... It even has some humor mixed in..... <_<

Here are some quotes from the above:

. . . . Some say INS stands for "ignoring national security"

. . . . Others say INS stands for "incompetent and negligent service"

. . . . The agency had a backlog of almost 5 million applications and petitions at the end of fiscal year 2001

. . . .Congress has increased appropriations to the INS by $4 billion over the past 10 years with little to show for it as a result.

KEELEC FOR PRESIDENT!!!

No,

I didn't come up with those quotes.... They came from the Official Congressional Record.....

It does talk about some research such as electronic application feasibility studies and other process improvement steps that should have been completed by now.... Perhaps they should have been implemented rather than studied. <_<

----- Clifford -----