Two Good Love Songs

So many unforgetable songs bring up some many memories---these are only a small part of songs pasted here that I have ever grown up with. Oh, dad and mom already have white hair. Listen to mom and dad's favorite songs, sometimes tears come into my eyes. How much more could I love my mom and my dad!!!

Very touching, fineart. Thank you very much. Your husband is a very lucky man! :)

"Lin Daiyu burying fallen petals."

A very profound scene out of Cao Xueqin's ²ÜÑ©ÇÛ 'Hung Lou Meng' ºìÂ¥ÃÎ where Lin Daiyu is saddened by her destiny and what is to become of her. She burys the flowers to realize her own and soon inevitable death. She is a tragic and most loving figure, Lin Dai Yu ÁÖ÷ìÓñ. ;)

http://i50.tinypic.com/minu6v.jpg

Edited by samsong (see edit history)

A very profound scene out of Cao Xueqin's ²ÜÑ©ÇÛ 'Hung Lou Meng' ºìÂ¥ÃÎ where Lin Daiyu is saddened by her destiny and what is to become of her. She burys the flowers to realize her own and soon inevitable death. She is a tragic and most loving figure, Lin Dai Yu ÁÖ÷ìÓñ. :)

I remember the fate of Qing Wen, (Sky Bright), one of Jia Baoyu's servant's.

She was very beautiful and because of that, she was casted out of the household and thrown unto the streets. She became a destitute poor woman and paid for it with her life. Very sad. :lol:

A very profound scene out of Cao Xueqin's ²ÜÑ©ÇÛ 'Hung Lou Meng' ºìÂ¥ÃÎ where Lin Daiyu is saddened by her destiny and what is to become of her. She burys the flowers to realize her own and soon inevitable death. She is a tragic and most loving figure, Lin Dai Yu ÁÖ÷ìÓñ. :sosad:

That song is very beautiful, Sam, you are knowledgeable. This masterpiece has been directed to a classic movie that even watching it again and again, I would be tired of it. The actors and actress had the exact appearance to fit their roles(yes, I know cosmetic helped), such as that fragile-looked Lin Daiyu, that plump Xue Baochai...Amazing that most of those actors were not professional actors and they were chosen from all kinds of fields all over the country.

The singer Chen Li has such an amazing voice, which helped make this movie so mournfully beautiful.

For this song and this scenery, I really cried each time I watched it. This girl Tan Chun was sent to another country for transracial marriage at the national interest. None of those powerful people would send their own daughter to such a strange place where her life would be totally controlled by an unknown fortune. When she was chosen, when she left, who cried most? Her biological mother---the woman Tan Chun had been looking down upon because of the mother's disgraceful temperament. She has never wanted to be close to her mother because she felt her mother made her lose face very often, but during the last short period before she was sent out of the country, she finally realized, only her mother would be pained helplessly seeing the daughter's wretched life no matter how much the mother had been dispised by the daughter. It was like using a seesaw to cut the mother's heart. Tan Chun as a human being was nothing to other powerful people, merely an interest exchange;but to a mom,she is priceless. Blood is forever thicker than anything at the critical moment.

Thank you, Sam for your kind words in your last post. Yes, my husband is lucky. I have done many things for his goodness as long as I could think of. Your wife is very lucky to have you too.

Thank you, finart, for the videos. They are very beautiful with the music. It has me thinking all about the story and the many characters again. Yes, Tan Chun. I remember a little of her, mostly when she left the family forever. I remember Wang Xifeng, (Splendid Phoenix), and how cruel she could be when she wanted to. She left a man, who was interestd in her, outside and told him to wait for her. The man waited a very long time in the cold for her but she never showed up. The man died.

And as you have mentioned, Xue Baochai. I remember her too. And especially, Lin Daiyu, (Black Jade).

I made a post one time about the actress that played Lin Daiyu, Chen Xiaoxu, when she died. Again, sad, but a real story. But who's to say

'Hung Lou Meng' is not a true story, or at least based on a true story? That has been debated by scholars for over 200 years!... Even Xueqin Cao's story is a most fascinating tale.

Phoenix met a rather disasterous demise near the end of the story. She was alone at the house and grounds which had become ruined over time by neglect. She was running around outside all alone and in a panic when the ghost of all the people she betrayed started appearing before her.

Reading that was a bit spooky. Yep, great novel!

Thanks again! :sosad:

Edited by samsong (see edit history)

Sam, below is the English version of the story. I have not read it yet so I don't know whether it is translated good or not. I see you love literature and music, and you have accomplishment in them. :)

http://www.woyouxian.com/b06/b060402/hlmen_en1.html

It is translated as ¡¶The Dream of the Red Chamber¡·. So I guess if you search by this English title, might you will have more different versions to read. :)

I don't have time recently since I have 3 big papers to write. All are required 5 pages. I have never been interested in making a "shoddy" work as our new humorous professor mentioned to every student. :lol: :lol: So, I am going to work hard on my papers. B)

Sam, below is the English version of the story. I have not read it yet so I don't know whether it is translated good or not. I see you love literature and music, and you have accomplishment in them. :lol:

http://www.woyouxian.com/b06/b060402/hlmen_en1.html

It is translated as ¡¶The Dream of the Red Chamber¡·. So I guess if you search by this English title, might you will have more different versions to read. :D

I don't have time recently since I have 3 big papers to write. All are required 5 pages. I have never been interested in making a "shoddy" work as our new humorous professor mentioned to every student. :lol: :lol: So, I am going to work hard on my papers. B)

Thanks for the link, fineart. I will study it. And good luck with your papers. With the determination you show, I am sure they will be most impeccable and sound. Good Luck! %%-- :)