baby's passport

How can i get my baby's passport in GZ.

my wife will be giving birth to our child at the end of the month. we hope to get her cr1 visa interview in GZ in october. when we go for the interview we will apply for the baby's u.s. passport and birth certificate. the consulate informed me today that they will not mail the passport to me in nanning, but that i need to pick up the passport in GZ or give someone written authority to pick it up for me and mail it to me.

because the passport takes about two weeks to get, staying in gz that entire time really isn't a good option for me. are there other options? i've read about the services that mr. yang provides. is this the sort of thing he would do and that i could trust him to do. your input is appreciated.

do you have her contact info. btw, i see you are from portland and bing is from nanning. i'm from pdx too and wife is from nanning. small world.

PM Her.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2370

Guest Wuhan4me

Once the baby has the passport, you'll need to get an 'China exit permit' from the place where you're wife has her hukuo - or if she's a migrant worker living in some other town, get it done in 'that' town. Ya might want to inquire about it now in 'that' town - it can take anywhere from 'same day' to 4 weeks, depending on where she is.

Here's a thread about 'China Exit Permit' - http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...hl=exit++permit

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

my wife will be giving birth to our child at the end of the month. we hope to get her cr1 visa interview in GZ in october. when we go for the interview we will apply for the baby's u.s. passport and birth certificate. the consulate informed me today that they will not mail the passport to me in nanning, but that i need to pick up the passport in GZ or give someone written authority to pick it up for me and mail it to me.

because the passport takes about two weeks to get, staying in gz that entire time really isn't a good option for me. are there other options? i've read about the services that mr. yang provides. is this the sort of thing he would do and that i could trust him to do. your input is appreciated.

Yes, I agree with Carl and Dan.

Give SmilingAsia a PM.

she can help.

It would be the easiest and fastest way.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2370

Guest Wuhan4me

Are you homed to ANY OTHER Consulate / Embassy Office ? Is Guangzhou YOUR ONLY OPTION ???? Here's a list -

BeiJing, ChengDu, Shanghai, Wuhan, ShenYang, Guangzhou. Which one is closer to you? My apologies for asking - but... I can't determine WHERE YOU ARE.