To Fed Ex or not to Fed Ex

Interview is soon, thinking of via Fed Ex or UPS updating my file with a new I-864, some paystubs and pictures from my third trip, and maybe some chat sessions. My reasoning is that the prevailing mood on the board is that during the interview session many of our updated documents never see the light of day. Given the volume of cases in Guz maybe we should try to get our updates in the file now, when the VO is sitting at his/her desk doing a review. Of course the flaw in that theory is I do not know what is the timeframe for when he actually reviews the file.

In reading the archives I have seen some attempts at updating the file prior to the interview. What do you think of this idea? Will it get to my file? Has anyone else tried it and your SO sees the updated documents interview day or the VO mentions the new documents? What documents would you send? I am thinking I would send to GUZ care of the Immigrant Visa section with our GUZ number prominently displayed

Edited by hopelives (see edit history)

You send these things to your spouse to bring to the interview, there is no way to add anything to your file before the interview, if you send anything to the consulate without their request, more than likely they will simply discard them as per their form OF-169.

Do NOT send the actual documents to the Consular office, as we will have to destroy them.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up..._169-May.09.pdf
Guest Wuhan4me

I'd appreciate to see any links / urls you've found - that covered successfully getting stuff into the casefile once it's arrived at GUZ, prior to interview day.

Thanks in advance !

You send these things to your spouse to bring to the interview, there is no way to add anything to your file before the interview, if you send anything to the consulate without their request, more than likely they will simply discard them as per their form OF-169.

Do NOT send the actual documents to the Consular office, as we will have to destroy them.
http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up..._169-May.09.pdf

there goes that idea- saves me 60 bucks thanks Dan

I had an updated packet with financial information and such prepared by my lawyer for the GUZ Consulate for my wife to bring during the interview.

They didn't even want to see it..

if you're scared they might ask for it, then go ahead and send it as a safety net.

so long as you dont' do something dumb like. send out via FedEx, then the next day you forgot a document.. and have to send that separately again via FedEx :lol: (happened to me.. and that case blackhole'd regardless)

I send things via FedEx not as a 'waste of money' burden..

I considering FedEx more so as insurance.

Guest Wuhan4me

HopeLives - You started NVC processing on 7 APR 2009.

If your financials for the I-864 have significantly changed, OR if you didn't send TY 2008 tax info for the I-864, then, by all means get an updated I-864 to your woman. Send it TO HER. She'll have a chance to present it on Interview Day.

Good Luck !

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

If your financials for the I-864 have significantly changed, OR if you didn't send TY 2008 tax info for the I-864, then, by all means get an updated I-864 to your woman. Send it TO HER. She'll have a chance to present it on Interview Day.

Good Luck !

they have TY 2008 and my I864 pretty much identical, really wanted to update that I visited one more time this year and the chat logs,but i will save the money and buy a really nice mop

Good Luck !

they have TY 2008 and my I864 pretty much identical, really wanted to update that I visited one more time this year and the chat logs,but i will save the money and buy a really nice mop

Send your wife a notarized copy of your passport showing entry/exit stamps, as well as copies of airline tickets that you used to go to China.

Your wife can give the copy of yor passport to the interviewing officer.

Also the importance of recent photos of you together and especially if you have some with her family.......

You never know what the VO needs or may ask for, but you can almost rest assured about requesting PHOTOS....