K-1 simple question?

I'm not up to date with the K-1 process.

This is going to be a little confusing at first but i will translate later.

I just got off the phone with one of Hong's friends here in the U.S.

She has this girl friend in nanning that has met this guy in the U.S.

This guy went to China and they met in person.

Everything was great while in China.

Well, This guy goes home to the U.S. and starts the K-1 process.

Well kinda??

This guy screws up the paper work with wrong info and sends it to the wrong place.

Now he finds out how long this process can take and how much money it will cost.

Now today this guy is just going to toss in the white flag and give up on the K-1 and this girl. (He is just going to blow her off)

No problem, I think? This is where I'm not to sure about the K-1 process.

Now the Girl in Nanning has no problem with this and is glad to get out of this relationship before it went bad.

NOW! this girl is worried that maybe latter down the road if and when she meets someone new in the U.S. and starts this process again (may it be K-1,K-3,Cr-1) she may have problems at GZ during interview day.

TRANSLATION: If there is still a pending K-1 petition and this guy does nothing to stop it.

what could happen?

BTW: This guy has not received a NOA1 yet. (Papers just filed)

Should not cause any problem.

However, a letter should be sent to USCIS withdrawing the K-1 petition, if she knows anything about the case she could send a letter requesting it to be withdrawn, she probably will need to have details on the letter about herself, as well as the petitioner.

However, a letter should be sent to USCIS withdrawing the K-1 petition, if she knows anything about the case she could send a letter requesting it to be withdrawn, she probably will need to have details on the letter about herself, as well as the petitioner.

Thanks Dan, This is what i thought.

I told Hong's friend the same thing you said.

a letter should be sent to USCIS withdrawing the K-1 petition,

Easier said than done??

also!:

If she knows anything about the case she could send a letter requesting it to be withdrawn,

There is no contact between the two,(Finished,Done,all gone)

So this girl in Nanning is lost is a small paper trail that JUST got started.

she probably will need to have details on the letter about herself, as well as the petitioner.

This question may not be a problem, I'm not sure yet?

I'll know more when we talk again.

Bottom line is: She is just worried about the future IF!! she meets someone new.

Thanks Dan!

If he sent it to the wrong place they will more than likely return it to him unfiled. He may or may not get the check back.

Guest Wuhan4me

If he sent it to the wrong place they will more than likely return it to him unfiled. He may or may not get the check back.

Agreed - if it didn't get to the right office, they'll return it, along with a letter of explanation. ( Or at least this is what USED to happen ).

So, if CIS got more 'proactive' then the petition might actually get filed. If they are the 'CIS of Olde' then nope - it's coming back to him.

NUWORLD - why not just call the guy, explain what 'the right thing to do is', and help him along?