GUZ RAT FINKS GIVE US BLUE BOOHOO

It's a #@&$* delay ... just give'em what they want.

Good Luck!

Thanks! Yeah, I'll be givin it to 'em!

________________Inteview Details:

For more random info, my husband said they started using English with him and THEN they kept trying to use English with him and even after he kept saying (in Chinese) he requested the interview to be conducted in Chinese. He could sort of understand the VO's Chinese (tan, dark haired women, not Black, but not pale white), but that she kept throwing in English so he was kinda annoyed.

Ask questions about if he had met my mother, my sister, if he went to college and a slew of others that he can't remember. Basically he said she had to talk to the VO next her quite a bit, was typing up a storm and looking at our photos quite intensely and then she kept those, and our phone records, and all of my Chinese-related diplomas/certificates.

Then they didn't even request to look at ANY financial information. But in the laundry list they want proof of employment, which he told them he has, but then they just said to submit it w/ the other stuff they are requesting.

(again, cue whisper "if you bring it they don't look at it")

Other things they want:a notorized EOR, ceremony photos (but we had a chinese banquet in the countryside, read= you register, there are fireworks and you eat together and then the neighbors come over to watch the festivities next store, so other than what we already submitted there are no more wedding-day photos, so I need to provide an explanation for this as well}. PLUS a list of my trips to China and what where we go/how we spend our time together, a list of my residency & employment over the last 5 years and proof..etc.

And of course there's all the post-high school transcripts they want.

Whatever, I'll write it up, collect the other things, and ship it all off. I have a nice fat fresh ream of paper all set and ready to go!

Edited by baobeizhu (see edit history)

haha, yeah I remember your advice, but if I wanted to plays devil's advocate (ie the VO), how can you prove a petitioner actually wrote a letter since he/she has a Chinese spouse?* So I included other things instead that were through my schools~but I guess copies just didn't cut it. Actually the transcripts and even a video sort of do make sense to me to address GUZ's language concern since you can't fake those, so no biggie. Maybe I'll throw a video in for the fun of it too since I usually have to practice recording myself speaking Chinese anyway for exam practice/accent correction anway. I am not to worried about this part of the RFE.

I actually did the 5 minute video thing.. and for socially handicapped people like me.. it took me close to 3 days to do it for our blackhole'd K1.. :lol:

in the video section following the voice part, I had a part of me writing some Chinese words.

You can't really fake knowing how to write Chinese since if you know how to write Chinese, you sorta innately know the order of writing the characters where as if someone didn't know it, would just randomly imitate the strokes as they see it.

Good luck with your SO. :)

• 2 months later...

Hmmm, so no news from the GUZ front yet after submitting my RFE info...tic...toc...tic....toc...

However, I did had a good experience w/ the Chinese Embassy the other day and now have a 2 year multiple entry visa to China in hand :lol: , which, fyi for all you CFL members, the embassy really doesn't seem to advertise this 24 month visa (well, it is listed online, but the visa pdf form doesn't seem to have that as a checkable option), but it's worth saving 130 buckaroos for the two year deal :D .

Since you are all experts on paperwork, just be sure to provide what they ask for here ENG CHI

Edited by baobeizhu (see edit history)