I checked the case status web site this morning as is my usual routine and lo and behold it looked different

This case has been approved. On November 7, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center.

Carl is doing a happy dance this morning. Thought about calling Bing but it is the middle of the night there so I'll let her sleep a little longer lol.

Carl

This case has been approved. On November 7, 2003, an approval notice was mailed.

Congratulations on clearing the first hurdle.....

Now just 5 more hurdles!!!! (NVC, Customs, P3, P4, Interview). :P

Perhaps the BCIS is the biggest and longest hurdle to overcome.

Congrats, :)

----- Clifford -----

I checked the case status web site this morning as is my usual routine and lo and behold it looked different

This case has been approved. On November 7, 2003, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center.

Carl is doing a happy dance this morning.  Thought about calling Bing but it is the middle of the night there so I'll let her sleep a little longer lol.

Carl

That's a wonderful feeling to see that pop up on the screen!, ain't it?...:P

Very good, Carl!.....Things are moving!

-best Wishes!... :o

Carl, very good news. Congratulations! You may want to give it a couple weeks before you start with your first call to NVC. After about 2 months with NVC, I was calling once each week to check the status. As soon as NVC acknowledges receipt it will assign a GUZ case number, so as soon as they tell you they have it, ask for that number. Unfortunately, you can't track the status online as you can with BCIS receipt numbers. The I-129F approval took far too long at 187 days but it's finally out of the way. Let's hope the rest of the steps go much faster for you!

Thank you all for your kind words. Bing has been called and is also very happy. Now I feel like it's time to spring into action and get things done. Alas I can't think of all that much I need to do right now except concentrate on remodeling the house to make it more presentable to her I am open to suggestions though.

A few questions

!. How long does it take at NVC?

2. How long from then to GZ?

3 How long must it age ag GZ before P3 is sent?

After waiting 6 months for NOA-2 my patience is wearing thin. I am estimating 4-6 more months is this realistic?

Carl

Carl,

As we all know, it's anyone's guess how much time each step in this long process might take. It may take a couple weeks for NVC to receive your case from BCIS and assign a GUZ case number. After that, NVC processing can take anywhere from a couple months to over 6 months. NVC sends its shipments to GZ via DHL. Door-to-door can take an absolute minimum of 3 days (Robhon's was record time) with the longest in recent history of 79 days. I think most take in the neighborhood of 30 to 45 days for transit and customs clearance AND the U.S. Consulate directing DHL to deliver the package. After the U.S. Consulate receives the package your case is in, it can take anywhere from a week as mine did to maybe 3 or 4 months before P3 is actually sent. There is absolutely no rhyme nor reason to the various stages in the timelines as everyone on this board will attest. Of course, after P3 comes P4 and then the interview and visa. I would guess you have at least another 6 months to go and that's if all goes well. Again, it's anybody's guess. I wish you well in the coming steps, Carl.

Carl, just a realistic picture as I see it. I do hope for you and Bing that you don't encounter any more extended delays. 187 days is just way too long from start to finish for your I-129F. You have been very patient in this long process, something very difficult for all of us.

I'm sure you've noticed the increased frustration level the farther along people are in the process. And the more defined the steps are within a particular processing unit, the more focused are the complaints. As was recently posted (referring to the GZ IV unit) cases seem to be randomly processed and I agree (who wouldn't) that is the worst possible system. Yet, if we were to look at any processing phase, I think we would see just that. In fact, your I-129F processing time is a good example of that. Without any doubt, Carl, there were other petitions received by BCIS after yours and forwarded to NVC before yours. Most of us, if not all of us, merely focus our complaints on where WE are in the process. If BCIS or NVC (DOS) steps were clearly defined for us from start to finish, we'd likely zero in on each and every one of those steps, as well.

As you know, Carl, none of this is easy. At this point you deserve to sail through NVC without any delay; let's hope in record time! And, if you do, you won't find me complaining about how unfair it was because NVC processing time for me was so much longer. Every step in this process is a challenge and the farther along in the process the more that challenge becomes. That is why, of course, you see the collective frustration being vented on Candle with the GZ IV unit. It amuses and amazes me how individualistic so many of us are, especially in Western culture. It's also interesting to watch those personalities surface as time increases and tensions mount during this long process.

Good luck with NVC, Carl. Give it a couple weeks, then call. When you do, NVC will ask for your case number or receipt number, your wife's family name and given name, and her date of birth. Ask if NVC has assigned a case number yet and if so, get that GUZ number. And with every approval and forward movement, Carl, try to rejoice on what's behind you and not so much on what's ahead of you. It helps to keep the frustration level to a minimum.