Ling and the boy's AOS interview

Hi everyone,

Ling and the boys had their AOS interview this morning and I will not say anything about the Immigration officer that we had.

I will start out by saying that even though the G-28 says Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative ,,it would seem that the Immigration service thinks of it as Attorney only because the Immigration officer had to put in a wavier for the Attorney....you guess??

Well, it is a good thing that we brought along a person who spoke Chinese because "at least in North Carolina" they take "speak fluent English seriously".

The Immigration officer asked most of the questions on the I-485 about arrest, prostitution, and CCP. for Ling and the boys.

I had put in I-130's for the boys and they were approved,,,so I guess that is a good thing.

But the AOS was not approved today because in Lings file folder they did not have the original I-129F which the Immigration officer wanted,,so I gave her the approval letter from the USCIS for the I-129f,,but she also did not have the medical report for Ling and the boys.

So, I would assume that the I-129F was in the package that the Immigration officer took at LAX (POE) which included the medicals from GUZ,

So she is requesting the original I-129F and The Medicals.

She said we would have passed AOS if she had had the missing items.

What I am worried about is...what if they lost the package that we dropped off at LAX.

So the usual reponse was "if you don't hear from us in two months" call us....Geeeeeee Thanks :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

She also asked me allot of questions but one was what is Ling's mother and father's name which I fumbled through.

Also worried that they will have to take the medicals over again,,,,what do you all think???

Tom and Ling

Edited by Tom and Ling (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

I think INFOPASS.

Get yourself an INFOPASS appointment, and have them track the file that was dropped off at the POE.

You can not reproduce the fileset - an INFOPASS will force a 'scramble' to find the file back at the POE.

So she is requesting the original I-129F and The Medicals.

There is no way you can reproduce the exact set that was in the sealed packet. You weren't allowed to make a copy, alas.

You can get another medical set stateside, but ....

INFOPASS, and put on yer complaining hat - the sealed file is missing, it's up to DHS to get it to the IO's desk prior to interview day. Someone (or a collection of someones ) has stumbled, bumbled, and fumbled, at YOUR expense ( These things are fee-based, remember ? ) ..

grrr.

This is stupid - I will start out by saying that even though the G-28 says Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative ,,it would seem that the Immigration service thinks of it as Attorney only because the Immigration officer had to put in a wavier for the Attorney....you guess?? Another Non-Reader working for the Feds... Keeeeeeeeeerist on a crutch.

Anyway - set up the infopass, and good luck...

If you don't get any result with the INFOPASS appointment, there's a USCIS ombudsman service that's supposed to step in, when requested (by you ) and alleviate problems between the various offices. I can't say they'll be 100 percent efficient on YOUR CASE, but they WILL get all of the offices talking ABOUT YOUR WIFE'S CASEFILE, and hopefully, will find the *@*#$@ thing..

ALL N ALL, I have to think this was a 'training issue' for this IO. They are supposed to review the physical casefile prior to interview day, and they DO HAVE facilities and resources available to them to FIND FILES and put in FILE TRANSFER REQUESTS. (This is an internal thing, you don't have to do anything ). I'll further posit that her sealed packet is lost, somewhere.

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

Hi Wuhan4me and Randy,

I was thinking that I should give them about one month to find the medical package before I make an INFOPASS appointment.

I don't think I should make an INFOPASS appointment right after I left the interview.....or does the INFOPASS appointment take a month??

I do not want to go off "half cocked"

What do you boys think....one month??

Tom and Ling

Hi Wuhan4me and Randy,

I was thinking that I should give them about one month to find the medical package before I make an INFOPASS appointment.

I don't think I should make an INFOPASS appointment right after I left the interview.....or does the INFOPASS appointment take a month??

I do not want to go off "half cocked"

What do you boys think....one month??

Tom and Ling

There are three things you can do - InfoPass, DHS Ombudsman, and Congressional inquiry.

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

Perhaps you could hit them NOW with the ombudsman inquiry, followed by the Congressional inquiry (you should all three Congress-people to figure out who is actually responsive), then followed by the InfoPass (just a suggestion).

They will each tell you to wait 90 days before filing an additional inquiry, so you can do one a month, before cycling back through.

I would say begin NOW, regardless of which order you decide to follow. Keep 'em busy until they do their job for you.

They've already had 8 months to figure out where your paperwork is.

Guest Wuhan4me

I suggest an infopass NOW.

Then once you are in front of a human, tell them the sealed packet is LOST, and that CBP (Customs and Border Patrol ) LOST IT, and to start a FILE SEARCH.

Set that up, today. You'll get an appointment for INFOPASS sometime within the next 20 days.

If her file isn't found within 30 days from TODAY, hit up the Ombudsman's Office.

I hadn't thought about Congressional Inquiries - I was only thinking of working (and p|ssing ) INSIDE the system.

I suggest an infopass NOW.

Then once you are in front of a human, tell them the sealed packet is LOST, and that CBP (Customs and Border Patrol ) LOST IT, and to start a FILE SEARCH.

Set that up, today. You'll get an appointment for INFOPASS sometime within the next 20 days.

If her file isn't found within 30 days from TODAY, hit up the Ombudsman's Office.

I hadn't thought about Congressional Inquiries - I was only thinking of working (and p|ssing ) INSIDE the system.

Rattling the cage is what this game is about - the three methods allow you to use 1 each month.

Took us six months going through that - for the first cycle, they told us to simply sit back and wait for the "new, improved service" to take hold

Guest Wuhan4me

Cage Rattling, indeed. The IO should have said 'we don't have the materials from the sealed packet' instead of what he DID say. No admittance of guilt.

An InfoPass rattles the cages - ya?

On Interview Day - you and yer lass are 'on trial'.

At an InfoPass Appointment, the IO is supposed to 'be helpful' and 'get things done' on your behalf.

I'm not a restive sort. In the past, when I've been told to 'wait', I'm talking to vice chief of service, who always start out the conversation with 'how did you get my number? ' ... Thankfully, thats a closed chapter in a dead book.

Randy, I'm not knocking what you did or didn't do, then. Today, for Tom, he's got a problem that can be solved by rattling the cages with an infopass appointment.

But - let me be clear - in case my wording is too strong...

'Rattling the cages' is a metaphor for pointing out a problem, in the proper method, using the proper channel. In this case, it's an InfoPass Appointment, where Tom is quietly and patiently explaining to a human that the sealed file is lost between CBP and CIS, and he's warmly asking that human to find the file, face to face.

I am NOT referring to an abrupt series of phone calls, faxes, postal letters, using a 'shotgun pattern' , just yet... If needed, that can come later...

Tom - hang in there, la...

Cage Rattling, indeed. The IO should have said 'we don't have the materials from the sealed packet' instead of what he DID say. No admittance of guilt.

An InfoPass rattles the cages - ya?

On Interview Day - you and yer lass are 'on trial'.

At an InfoPass Appointment, the IO is supposed to 'be helpful' and 'get things done' on your behalf.

I'm not a restive sort. In the past, when I've been told to 'wait', I'm talking to vice chief of service, who always start out the conversation with 'how did you get my number? ' ... Thankfully, thats a closed chapter in a dead book.

Randy, I'm not knocking what you did or didn't do, then. Today, for Tom, he's got a problem that can be solved by rattling the cages with an infopass appointment.

But - let me be clear - in case my wording is too strong...

'Rattling the cages' is a metaphor for pointing out a problem, in the proper method, using the proper channel. In this case, it's an InfoPass Appointment, where Tom is quietly and patiently explaining to a human that the sealed file is lost between CBP and CIS, and he's warmly asking that human to find the file, face to face.

I am NOT referring to an abrupt series of phone calls, faxes, postal letters, using a 'shotgun pattern' , just yet... If needed, that can come later...

Tom - hang in there, la...

Sorry, guy! You and I just disagree (on what, I'm not entirely clear, and don't care). It's his choice - not ours.