from an other Forum site ( Guangzhou )

My friends, if you are starting your K-1 or K-3 petition now or recently, be aware, something rotten is going on at the US Consulate in Guangzhou.

Enclosed is an email from an Immigration Attorney from USA, dated October 4 of 2008, almost 10 months ago, confirming our assumptions that the reate of rejections at Guangzhou for visa petitions is too darn high, and furethermore, arbitrary.

Please read thru it, and make your own conclusions. I still claim if you want pink at the interview, send TONS of corroborating evidence since day one, covering every possible avenue of rejection, and then more.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Report from Guangzhou

I returned this past Monday from a 10 day trip to Guangzhou, China. I had only limited success in trying to determine why the U.S. Consulate has been so hostile to K-1 and K-3 visas in recent months. The Consulate has been steadfastly silent about why such a trend is occurring or why they are coming to the conclusions they are reaching on individual petitions.

As many of you who follow developments relating to Chinese fianc¨¦es and wives, the incidence of 221(g) refusals has risen sharply in recent months at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China.

221(g) refusals come in two variants. One - the "blue sheet" 221(g)- is a request for additional evidence from the beneficiary and often from the petitioner as well. These cases typically take the Consulate one to two months to adjudicate (although we have heard of them taking far longer). At the end of the review, the case is either approved, sent back to the USCIS for revocation, or there is a request from the Consulate for yet more information.

The second type of 221(g) refusal is the "white sheet" notification, which indicates that the the case is being sent back to the USCIS with a recommendation for revocation. Such cases are currently taking approximately two years to come to adjudication. The USCIS Service Centers have admitted that such cases are "low priority" items in their queue. While awaiting adjudication, the USCIS will provide no information (except, perhaps, where the case is located) and hear no appeals until an adjudicator makes a decision. At such time, the case is either sent back to the forwarding Consulate with a recommendation for approval (which the Consulate is NOT obligated to follow), or a denial notice is issued to the petitioner with an explanation of the grounds for the decision. The petitioner has 30 days to appeal.

Many people have reported a refusal rate of 80% or more for K-1 and K-3 visas in the Guangzhou Consulate lately. Making the matter worse is the unresponsiveness of the consular staff in Guangzhou. Most people are shocked by the indifference and arrogance one can encounter at U.S. Consulate and Embassies abroad. Some are better than others, however. In my lengthy complaint letter to the Consul General in Guangzhou, I start as follows:

"I have been visiting U.S. missions overseas for over 13 years now and, while about half of posts will readily or with some cajoling meet with immigration attorneys, the other half relate to attorneys as they do to all others seeking information - by engaging in all manner of insincere "advice", tricks and dodges to move the often naïve supplicant from one place to another within the Consular structure until they get to the inevitable dead end. This has been my clients¡¯ experience with the Guangzhou Consulate, and, regrettably, it has been mine as well."

I have received a reply from the new Immigrant Visa Unit Chief. However, there was very little noteworthy in her reply. My office is now collecting "horror stories" from other immigration attorneys and petitioners with a mind to making a formal complaint to the Department of State

My friends, if you are starting your K-1 or K-3 petition now or recently, be aware, something rotten is going on at the US Consulate in Guangzhou.

Enclosed is an email from an Immigration Attorney from USA, dated October 4 of 2008, almost 10 months ago, confirming our assumptions that the reate of rejections at Guangzhou for visa petitions is too darn high, and furethermore, arbitrary.

Please read thru it, and make your own conclusions. I still claim if you want pink at the interview, send TONS of corroborating evidence since day one, covering every possible avenue of rejection, and then more.

Report from Guangzhou

I returned this past Monday from a 10 day trip to Guangzhou, China. I had only limited success in trying to determine why the U.S. Consulate has been so hostile to K-1 and K-3 visas in recent months. The Consulate has been steadfastly silent about why such a trend is occurring or why they are coming to the conclusions they are reaching on individual petitions.

As many of you who follow developments relating to Chinese fianc¨¦es and wives, the incidence of 221(g) refusals has risen sharply in recent months at the U.S. Consulate in Guangzhou, China.

221(g) refusals come in two variants. One - the "blue sheet" 221(g)- is a request for additional evidence from the beneficiary and often from the petitioner as well. These cases typically take the Consulate one to two months to adjudicate (although we have heard of them taking far longer). At the end of the review, the case is either approved, sent back to the USCIS for revocation, or there is a request from the Consulate for yet more information.

The second type of 221(g) refusal is the "white sheet" notification, which indicates that the the case is being sent back to the USCIS with a recommendation for revocation. Such cases are currently taking approximately two years to come to adjudication. The USCIS Service Centers have admitted that such cases are "low priority" items in their queue. While awaiting adjudication, the USCIS will provide no information (except, perhaps, where the case is located) and hear no appeals until an adjudicator makes a decision. At such time, the case is either sent back to the forwarding Consulate with a recommendation for approval (which the Consulate is NOT obligated to follow), or a denial notice is issued to the petitioner with an explanation of the grounds for the decision. The petitioner has 30 days to appeal.

Many people have reported a refusal rate of 80% or more for K-1 and K-3 visas in the Guangzhou Consulate lately. Making the matter worse is the unresponsiveness of the consular staff in Guangzhou. Most people are shocked by the indifference and arrogance one can encounter at U.S. Consulate and Embassies abroad. Some are better than others, however. In my lengthy complaint letter to the Consul General in Guangzhou, I start as follows:

"I have been visiting U.S. missions overseas for over 13 years now and, while about half of posts will readily or with some cajoling meet with immigration attorneys, the other half relate to attorneys as they do to all others seeking information - by engaging in all manner of insincere "advice", tricks and dodges to move the often naïve supplicant from one place to another within the Consular structure until they get to the inevitable dead end. This has been my clients¡¯ experience with the Guangzhou Consulate, and, regrettably, it has been mine as well."

I have received a reply from the new Immigrant Visa Unit Chief. However, there was very little noteworthy in her reply. My office is now collecting "horror stories" from other immigration attorneys and petitioners with a mind to making a formal complaint to the Department of State

This is old news. Since then they have replaced the head of the IV unit and approvals have increased dramatically.

This is old news. Since then they have replaced the head of the IV unit and approvals have increased dramatically.

This is not as old as you may think there is still a lot of problems in Guangzhou. While some men come to china one time for 2 weeks to meet fiancee and then only send emails for a year and get approved on K-1.

My fiancee was given a blue July 30th for one of the reasons being non bonafied relationship and this is with me living with her for 15 months showing consulate 3 consective 6 month visas to China and 2 police certifcates notarized showing I have lived at same address as my fiancee for 15 months. Here is another rip off by them for interview fee I had to pay for 2 interviews my fiancee and her daughter $134.00 each then their interview was together for a whole 6 minutes just $44.00 a minute and the bule we got was printed on white paper their bugget is to tight to afford blue paper office supplies. my friend just had her interview august 6th with her 4 year old boy she also paid for 2 interview fees. They are only making money they don't care about your life. The other part of the scam in Guangzhou is that a 3 hour medical exam and 6 minute interview takes no less than 5 days to get your visa in your hand our 9 hour train trip to there cost me over 9 hundred dollars and we stayed in a 150 yuan ($22.00) a day hotel

{edit} Repair quote tags.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

I certainly don't mean to pooh pooh your experience. I was pointing out that much has changed at the consulate since this story occurred. It sucks they screwed you out of two interview fees but that is still better than a NOIR. A blue slip can become overcome in a much shorter period of time.

I certainly don't mean to pooh pooh your experience. I was pointing out that much has changed at the consulate since this story occurred. It sucks they screwed you out of two interview fees but that is still better than a NOIR. A blue slip can become overcome in a much shorter period of time.

Note: NOIR = Notice of Intent to Revoke. The dreaded "White Slip" the visa is DENIED, and the case sent back to USCIS to be Revoked.
Guest Wuhan4me

Hullo Micheal-Sean -

this is from Roth, yes? we keep up with him here - so whilst this info is newish to you, we have seen it already. The 'horror stories collection' was covered over at http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=35635

FWIW, MOST of the staff at the IV unit, that gave SO many problems during the last 2 years, have rotated out and there's new faces in the IV unit. There's even a new IV chief. You might want to vette 'your data' before assuming it's all still 'current'. Things have changed much at GUZ.

Of course, if you want to assist Roth in gathering up more horror stories, I will whole-heartedly support you , even though Roth's personal timeline for doing so has passed.

Welcome to CFL !!

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)
Guest Wuhan4me

My fiancee was given a blue July 30th for one of the reasons being non bonafied relationship and this is with me living with her for 15 months showing consulate 3 consective 6 month visas to China and 2 police certifcates notarized showing I have lived at same address as my fiancee for 15 months. Here is another rip off by them for interview fee I had to pay for 2 interviews my fiancee and her daughter $134.00 each then their interview was together for a whole 6 minutes just $44.00 a minute and the bule we got was printed on white paper their bugget is to tight to afford blue paper office supplies. my friend just had her interview august 6th with her 4 year old boy she also paid for 2 interview fees. They are only making money they don't care about your life. The other part of the scam in Guangzhou is that a 3 hour medical exam and 6 minute interview takes no less than 5 days to get your visa in your hand our 9 hour train trip to there cost me over 9 hundred dollars and we stayed in a 150 yuan ($22.00) a day hotel

{edit} Repair quote tags.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=502746 It might be she got a call-in letter across the counter, instead of a blue slip, which, IMO, is better than a blue slip. At least, for her, it wasn't a white slip with NOID wording. I can understand how you feel, though...

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

Does anyone know if the lady called the BLACK PEARL has been sent out of GUZ. She is that black lady there that I hear almost always gives blue or white.

Does anyone know if the lady called the BLACK PEARL has been sent out of GUZ. She is that black lady there that I hear almost always gives blue or white.

This is a recurring topic here on CFL. First of all the reputation of the original "black pearl" started 5 or 6 years ago. She has cycled out of the IV unit a long time ago. Unfortunately her reputation gets pinned on every new black woman VO that comes into the consulate. I have heard of no reports of any of the newer black women being any worse than any of the other VOs.

Report from Guangzhou

Michael: I understand your concern but like Carl said!

As I'm the keeper of the time line thread here on CFL take a look at this link.

Time line

Just look at the dates of this years members.

Plus look at the colors.

You will see a lot of PINK!! and very little BLUE/White.

As of this year CFL members have 90-95% pass rate

Yes there have been a few BLUES slips but the WHITE slips are all but gone.

Last year, We had tons of BLUE/WHITE

They have replaced the head of the IV unit and approvals have increased dramatically.