Guest Wuhan4me

GUZ claims one year.

Worst Case Scenario - it's more than 1 year old at time of interview - you must bring in a 'newer' one on interview day .

If it's older than one year, and you DON'T get a new one - expect a blue slip and add 5 weeks.

Edited by Wuhan4me (see edit history)

The consulate considers them to be valid for 1 year.

Police certificates are valid for one year.

Unmarried persons, at marriageable age, must submit a certified copy of their unmarried certificate (with one year validity).

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/up...m169-May_09.pdf

Birth certs do not expire.

Asked yesterday. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...mp;#entry509541

Hi, just wondering how long is the police certificate good for after it gets notarized? I am applying for a CR-1, its there enough time to use it between sending it to the NVC and submitting it at the interview? Thanks

I dont have the answer to your question but I would like to know did you get your police certificate in China? I am an American and my husband lived in China for 5 years and NVC now need a police certificate from China and we are having a hard time getting anyone to help us.

Hi, just wondering how long is the police certificate good for after it gets notarized? I am applying for a CR-1, its there enough time to use it between sending it to the NVC and submitting it at the interview? Thanks

I dont have the answer to your question but I would like to know did you get your police certificate in China? I am an American and my husband lived in China for 5 years and NVC now need a police certificate from China and we are having a hard time getting anyone to help us.

Depends on what type of visa your husband lived in China on. Is your husband a Chinese citizen or not? If not then what type of visa did he use to live in China?

Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3537.html

My wife is getting the police report now. She got one from our previous K1 visa but it expired. I guess they changed the expiration on the police certificate to 1 year. I thought it was good for 3 months when we got it last year.

He went on a F VISA when exiting he got a L VISA, he did register with the Police in his garden where he lived.

Depends on what type of visa your husband lived in China on. Is your husband a Chinese citizen or not? If not then what type of visa did he use to live in China?

Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

He went on a F VISA when exiting he got a L VISA, he did register with the Police in his garden where he lived.

As I noted before, The China PSB does not issue certs for F and L Visas, this is noted on DOS website in the Reciprocity tables, all you need to do is note this and provide photocopies of the visas noting the type of visa. The consulates and NVC use the reciprocity tables and will not demand you to get something that does not exist. Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

Thanks for that information, can you tell me what DOS is so I can go to that website sorry I dont know the lango

Police Records

Thanks for that information, can you tell me what DOS is so I can go to that website sorry I dont know the lango

DOS = Department Of State, all consulates and embassies are part of DOS.

Thanks, I thought it was that but just wanted to make sure. Once again thanks for your help.

I will see if the National VISA Center would except this information.

Thanks, I thought it was that but just wanted to make sure. Once again thanks for your help.

I will see if the National VISA Center would except this information.

NVC is also part of DOS so should be aware that a visitor to China on a L or F Visa wont have a police record for China.

I understand what you are saying but maybe I should of explain that my husband is from Nigeria do these terms still hold true?

As I noted before, The China PSB does not issue certs for F and L Visas, this is noted on DOS website in the Reciprocity tables, all you need to do is note this and provide photocopies of the visas noting the type of visa. The consulates use the reciprocity tables and will not demand you to get something that does not exist.

I understand what you are saying but maybe I should of explain that my husband is from Nigeria do these terms still hold true?

YES.