2nd NOA rec'd Sep

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

Just wondering if maybe too soon to start sending email and making phone calls to see what the status is just yet, since I have seen some timelines showing 2-3 months after 2nd NOA rec' that GZ is getting packages. :rolleyes:

Guest blsqueaky

I was looking, and it is only the receipt NOA. Have not heard anything from anyone since September, no approval, no nothing since then. Maybe it is still to soon, since it did say 60-180 days.

Guest blsqueaky

But I know that I have seen some timelines that shows about 4-6 weeks after receiving receipt that they receive approval notice. Now wondering if a phone call is due, or should I just wait till December or January???

Hello blsqueaky,

I am a bit puzzled on where your application is at:

Has it been approved by BCIS?

If you try to call BCIS, they will just read to you what is already posted on their web page. They won't give you any valuable information.

Hmmm, BCIS has changed their address for the second time this year.... Perhaps USCIS is now better than BCIS (which was, of course, better than INS)!!!!!

http://ucis.gov Find the link for "Case Status Online" in the right-hand column.

If the case has cleared BCIS (USCIS), and has made it to the NVC, you can call the NVC. Their info will be short.

Don't call / e-mail China until at least a month after you know your case has left the USA.

----- Clifford ------

Guest blsqueaky

Thanks all for the input. I just went on the web site, and the processing time changed. It went from 60-180 days to 60-90 days. Maybe this is a good sign and better things to come. Just maybe I will get some good news before Xmas.

Clifford, my application is still in that processing stage. I have no idea at all as to where it is at with the NSC.

I-130 Mailed 7-14-03

1st receipt 7-29-03 (rejected, wrong fee amout)

Remailed 7-30-03

1st receipt 8-5-03

K-3 Mailed 8/25/03

2nd Receipt 129 9/16/03 (actually mailed 9/3)

Mark,

Good Luck with the Visa application. It can be a very frustrating process. Some "breeze through", others don't.

I am heartened to hear that the processing time sounds like it is shortening. However, your application has already been with BCIS for over 3 months so I doubt the 60-90 day estimate is real.

Your application will go through a number of stages: I am sure someone will jump in and correct me somewhere, but here is the approximate processing stages that your application will go through.

BCIS Nebraska Service Center has been taking about 6 months to process the applications in the past. BCIS is the only office that puts status info onto the WWW. Also note that each BCIS office has different turn-around times. It takes 2 weeks to 2 months in Vermont (sorry, my app went through Nebraska too).

They will forward the application to the National Visa Center in New Hampshire. It can take from about 1 1/2 months to nearly 4 months of processing at NVC.

It will then get forwarded to China. It takes a couple of days to get from the USA to China. Sometimes the applications go through Customs immediately. Other times it takes a month or so to clear customs.

Finally it will reach the Embassy in China. Here, the applications have been sitting for 2-4 months before a "Packet 3" is sent to the Finacee. The Packet 3 is basically an instruction packet describing the information you will need to gather for the interview.

After you return the Packet 3 to the Embassy, you wait for a Packet 4 (invitation for interview) and an interview which will take another 2 -4 months.

Assuming all goes well, you will receive the visa the day after the interview.

Ok, so your approximate timeline will be:

BCIS - 6 months

NVC - 1.5 to 4 months

Shipment - 1 week to 1 month

P3 - 2 - 4 months

P4 - 2 - 4 months

Thus, if you are lucky the total processing time will be just under a year. If you are not lucky, it could take a year and a half or so.

When all of the cards fell into place, there have been rumors of people getting the interview scheduled within 7 months or so, but as far as I can tell, that is VERY RARE.

Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience, Patience......

I doubt anybody on the Candle really agrees with the system, but we are all learning to live with it in our own way.

The only thing you can really do is try to keep track of where your application is. My experience is that most offices will give very short explanations of what is happening to your application at the time.

BCIS will just read what is already on the web page.

NVC will explain that it can take an undetermined time for them to get the application back from multiple agencies.

The Embassy (at least Moscow) will confirm that the packet has arrived, but then just tell me that it "in processing".

Best of Luck,

Clifford

Guest blsqueaky

Cliff, yes, the I-130 has been with them over 3 months now, I I just checked the status, and Nebraska is now saying 435-465 days to process, and Chicago states 60-90 days, and now it has been 68 days since they received, so maybe before next trip, I will hear something regarding the K-3. I am not holding my breath waiting for Nebraska