I just received my I-797C, Notice of Action for all the proof I sent to the USCIS for my I-130 Petetition to bring my Chinese wife here to the US. I'm just curious from some of you folks who really seem to fully understand the process... what's next? Am I now simply waiting for a NOA2 stating that the USCIS either accepts all I have sent to them or needs more information? I received my I-797C on July 22, 2009. If my next step in this process is the NOA2, anyone have an idea how long that might take? Thanks everyone!

Correct, you are simply waiting for NOA2, if you are doing a CR-1 or IR-1 Spousal visa. Time between NOA1 and NOA2 can be up to 6 months.

If you are thinking of K-3 you would send in the I-129F at this time, just note USCIS ties the two petitions together in the majority of cases, approves them on the same date effectively defeating the primary reason for the K-3, (LONG wait for I-130 approval). K-3 was developed to allow spouse to enter the USA and WAIT for I-130 approval, since USCIS approves on same date this reason as been eliminated.

Correct, you are simply waiting for NOA2, if you are doing a CR-1 or IR-1 Spousal visa. Time between NOA1 and NOA2 can be up to 6 months.

If you are thinking of K-3 you would send in the I-129F at this time, just note USCIS ties the two petitions together in the majority of cases, approves them on the same date effectively defeating the primary reason for the K-3, (LONG wait for I-130 approval). K-3 was developed to allow spouse to enter the USA and WAIT for I-130 approval, since USCIS approves on same date this reason as been eliminated.

Really, the K3 is not useful anymore, except it gives the government a little more of your money :lol:

Really, the K3 is not useful anymore, except it gives the government a little more of your money :lol:

And, as others here have seen, being denied the K3 gets you another quick shot at a CR1.

Guest Wuhan4me

Hey - congrats on your NOA-1 !!!

Take at look at it - see where the 'reply mail' address goes to -

If it goes to California, you should see some speed between NOW and the NOA-2 .

If it goes to Vermont, you're in for a 4 to 7 month wait.

For Now, USUALLY, the 'whats next' is, TO WAIT until the approval notice (NOA-2) is sent to you.

Regardless, you'll need to get ready for the 'NVC processing' stage - you have some time to prep for it. There are some new options for NVC processing - you can opt in for electronic processing at NVC (again, once your case has made it to NVC) and cut down another 2 to 4 months of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey - congrats on your NOA-1 !!!

Take at look at it - see where the 'reply mail' address goes to -

If it goes to California, you should see some speed between NOW and the NOA-2 .

If it goes to Vermont, you're in for a 4 to 7 month wait.

For Now, USUALLY, the 'whats next' is, TO WAIT until the approval notice (NOA-2) is sent to you.

Regardless, you'll need to get ready for the 'NVC processing' stage - you have some time to prep for it. There are some new options for NVC processing - you can opt in for electronic processing at NVC (again, once your case has made it to NVC) and cut down another 2 to 4 months of time.

GREAT NEWS!!! Thanks to all who took the time to reply! I checked my NOA1, it's got California written all over it.. :-) OK, I will just sit tight and wait for the NOA2. Ever since I heard about the electronic processing, I have planned on doing it. In the meantime however, I have book another 3 weeks to be with my wife in October/November, so every day, the subject of our letters to each other are reflective of our new countdown... We always do this before we see each other! 60 MORE DAYS, 59 MORE DAYS, 58 MORE DAYS etc... Thanks again everyone, you folks here on CFL are always so great and helpful!

Mark