AOS in DFW locations

We finally got an interview date... Wow, I think we are the last ones on the VJ March 09 filing spreadsheet. Got everything we sent in for AP, EAD, for K3 and K4 in like 30 days, but that interview.... out there.

The interview is in Sept.. Month away still... Has anyone here got a notice to appear at a Irving Texas location? That is new to me on this location. I have been to the Northwest HWY, I35 and Mockingbird, I35 and Inwood, I635 and Jupiter Road locations, but never the Irving location...

• 1 month later...

Well, today was the day. Went to that Irving location. The VO was a nice lady in training, so there was actually 2 VO. The experienced one just sat quietly watching and listening.

8 questions, and not a single piece of paper or pictures asked for.

It went like this...

Please raise right hand...

sit down please

Can I have your ID's SS card, EAD, passports...

Looked at my SO and asked.. what is your full name?

What is your birthdate?

Have you been arrested?

Have you received food stamps?

Have you used a fake SS card to get a job?

What is your street address?

What was your last entry date to the USA?

Where did you enter the USA?

My step son even less..

what is your full name?

What date is your birhtday?

What was your last entry date to the USA?

Sign here, initial here for both of them...

That was it.

VO indicated that she had enough information in the packet to make her decision and would mail me a letter...

1 hour waiting room time, 15 minutes VO time.

Guess we will wait on the snail mail now.

~LGR

Very similar to our experience there. I wonder . . . did you submit any pictures or financial statements with your I-485? I threw in wedding photos (nothing fancy, just the JoP stuff that's in my thread) and 3 pages printed out from my bank's website showing we had three shared accounts.

Oh and congrats! :) It feels so good, huh? B)

Edited by Batmaniac (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

WE PASSED !!!!!!!!

got the official I-797 welcome letters today...

thank you all...

good luck to others.. I had a ton of issues over the last 9 years.. getting 4 total green cards to my name in the US database was not fun to say the least. I have been with my current wife over 3 years now and all is great.

~LGR...

I sent the kitchen sink with every packet I sent to USCIS.. pictures upon pictures, extra paper work.. RogerinCA describes it better than me, but the same as him and several others. I was hoping for a "go directly to CSC and get green card in mail" ... but that did not happen.

I have yet to see a K-3 do this.

Glad to see that you had no problems at interview.

Edited by dnoblett (see edit history)

In case it was not discussed before.. JUST today I am able to add my K3 and K4 to my portfolio on USCIS..

wow, they updated the site...

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do

check it out.

LGR

Yep, I noticed that page, it is much improved.

WE PASSED !!!!!!!!got the official I-797 welcome letters today...

thank you all...

good luck to others.. I had a ton of issues over the last 9 years.. getting 4 total green cards to my name in the US database was not fun to say the least. I have been with my current wife over 3 years now and all is great.

~LGR...

Congratulations on getting through this finally !!! :blink:

I think you are the last of the group who went through the big log-jam at the NOA-2 stage of the visa process in 2007!?

Best wishes !!