Pink then blue paper

my fiance had her interview july 16 and was approved...then the day i left on the 25th she got a call from the post office saying she had recieved a notice from the consolate. now she received blue paper saying they need additional time to process. nothing about having to submit more information or anything like that. anyone have any thoughts on what this might mean or how long this might take? thanks

my fiance had her interview july 16 and was approved...then the day i left on the 25th she got a call from the post office saying she had recieved a notice from the consolate. now she received blue paper saying they need additional time to process. nothing about having to submit more information or anything like that. anyone have any thoughts on what this might mean or how long this might take? thanks

Sorry to see this happen to you. We got the same type blue slip at the interview. Lets hope yours is just some clerical work that needs to be done. Let's also hope it doesn't take too long to get straightened out.

The blue slip will tell you to wait 90 days before sending an e-mail, give them a couple of weeks and send polite e-mails asking how you can help them to conclude your visa application. You can also call the DOS in Washington and ask for updates on their computer...which is connected to your case's status reports in Guangzhou.

That has to suck. :lol: Good luck buddy.

Guest Wuhan4me

It could be something small, medium, or disastrous - it all depends.

Tsap's wait was disastrous, she was not approved.

It's also difficult to second-guess GUZ at this point.

Ages past, this type of blue slip usually meant the FBI namecheck on HER was not complete. There's a 'black hole gang' here on CFL that lived through that crap.

These days, though, the FBI namecheck is FAST.

I suggest you call DOS, and ask them to tell you all about the casefile and current status of the case. It's all wonky, at this point (IMO) because they did not ask for additional evidence.

thanks for the replies i'll give them a call. it sucks because i went to the consolate twice when i was there and they told me everything was fine. i just hope its nothing serious.. :D .

Hang in there buddy. Don't let your mind drive you crazy with "what if's". Be strong and positive for your lady, even when you feel like a weak kitten...she needs your strength. You can't do a thing except call the DOS in DC and send e-mails to GUZ...and you've got to wait a bit to send the e-mails.

It will work out okay for you.

tsap seui

so i tried calling DoS and emaling and didnt get any information at all. is the only thing we can really do right now is just to wait and see what the say? my fiance wants to be looking for another lawyer right now but i tell her we have no idea if it will even be something that will involve them so we need to know the question first before we can find the answer.

It does happen, they lacked some document or needed some thing else before they could make their final decision.

At least it was not a white slip.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=23530&hl= (Part 1)

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...c=24312&hl= (Part 2)

In that case it was discovered that the intending immigrant had committed visa fraud with Canada and it was not discovered until after the pink slip was handed out, but before the visa was mailed to the post office.