What if I moved to China?

Guest Tony n Terrific

It is not difficult to get a visa. Photoshop for college diploma is quite common. My son has only a high school diploma and he finally got a visa without my help. The pay is not bad either, 8000 RMB/Month for 20 hours of teaching a week.

For people who were born in China, there is a special policy for granting a 5 year visa if you have a doctorate degree and 3 year visa for a masters, non-cumulative, though.

There is no need to have a Chinese own 51% of a business. Not sure what the 100,000 rule is. I have set up a consulting company in Tianjin with only 50k RMB for our company. If there is a problem at the location where you are planning on doing business, set it up else where and set up a branch locally. This way the tax money goes to the local government and they won't give you a headache.

Even if you can set up a business that requires limited investment, it doesn't mean you can get a work visa. In order to get a work visa the company must meet certain requirements which include paid-up capital requirements. 50k RMB will not make the grade.

Working in even your own company without a valid work visa will only make you just another illegal alien, but with much more to lose if you get caught.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic