How Long Between NOA-2/NVC?

how very strange. off to storage ??

I'd suggest now to set up an infopass - but I've no idea even what to suggest to ask/tell them, except 'where the f*ck is the casefile and why is it taking so long to get into nvc?'

grrr..

The problem with the INFOPASS is I am living in China.

Today I received this email from VSC Customer Service in reply to my request to expediate my case:

We need to review the A-file to see if this petition is in it also. If it is, we will immediately forward it to the NVC. Hopefully it will not take the whole 60 days.

I do not know what in the f&ck is going on. I do know the woman at USCIS was certain that I had no right to even question this issue until it had passed 90 days since my NOA-2. According to her I am probably also the cause of global warming and increased budget deficients due to my "trying to short-cut the system".

I have never been talked to so rudely by any person in my life as I was by her.

The bottom line ... there is no recourse in this system ... you are totally at the mercy of the system and if something goes off track it appears no one knows why or how to fix it.

What this last email says does not match up with what the level 2 supervisor at USCIS said. Maybe I should contact the OMNIBUDSMAN.

Or just cancel the whole shit and DCF like I should have except now I will return to the US within a few months most likely.

Guest Wuhan4me

ok whome? --- i've stumbling on the frickin' nomenclature - and that's rare for me...

here's my problem child - the A-file to see if this petition is in it also

A-File ??? wtf is an A-File ? wtf does 'A-File' mean ???? and...

why would your petition be bundled up INSIDE of an 'A-File' ???

If your petition was moving between VSC and NVC, wouldn't it be moving solely as a petition / case file? WTF is the A-File ?

On a sidways thought - perhaps the A-File is a reference to the A # itself, where the A # is assigned once the NOA-2 is generated ????

Nah - that can't possibly be it. Seriously - wtf is an A-File ???

Stumped, wallowing chin deep in acronyms, drowning in concept of 'A-File'....

ok whome? --- i've stumbling on the frickin' nomenclature - and that's rare for me...

here's my problem child - the A-file to see if this petition is in it also

A-File ??? wtf is an A-File ? wtf does 'A-File' mean ???? and...

why would your petition be bundled up INSIDE of an 'A-File' ???

If your petition was moving between VSC and NVC, wouldn't it be moving solely as a petition / case file? WTF is the A-File ?

On a sidways thought - perhaps the A-File is a reference to the A # itself, where the A # is assigned once the NOA-2 is generated ????

Nah - that can't possibly be it. Seriously - wtf is an A-File ???

Stumped, wallowing chin deep in acronyms, drowning in concept of 'A-File'....

Thanks for the replies guys. From my lawyer:

The ¡®A¡¯ file refers to all petitions filed on behalf of your wife. It¡¯s basically USCIS lingo. Hopefully it won¡¯t take the full 60 days to receive the files back from storage.

USCIS told me they send the originals to storge (A-file) and sent scanned copies to NVC. Not that I beleive this.

The woman at USCIS said that all my service requested accomplished was that they would pull my file, rescan the documents, and resend them to NVC. The problem according to her lies at NVC. They have my case but until the data entry clerks enter the info they do not know they have my case.

I rebutted this by saying then why does most every other person I know get NVC number within 2-4 weeks and I am waiting 2 months. I am concerned the file got lost or was never sent to NVC in which case my service request would accomplish my goal. At this point she became even more of a jerk and took me the problem was at NVC and until 90 days past I should shut the fu&k up. Read my NOA-2 it states 90 days. I said yea but I also know other cases and she cut me off and said to shut the fu&k up.

So I guess I just shut the fu&k up until September 24, 2009.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after close to 3 months my I-130 petiton made it to NVC and I got an GUZ case number assigned. I have send the DS-3032 form and email requesting electronic processing.

My I-129F petition still has not made it to NVC and USCIS supervisor said it would automatically be stopped since the I-130 was approved at the same time. So much for choices and options.

I hope no one else ever has a problem like mine. Short Story - they just forgot to make a scan and send my petition to NVC after approval on 06.24.2009.

However since your NOA-2 says it can take up to 3 months for NVC to receive the petition (which we all know is BS) every USCIS and NVC (and my lawyer) person that I talked to all someone tried to make me feel like I was in the wrong to even question this issue before the 3 months was up. One nice USCIS supervisor I think was on the verge of blaming the IRAQ war, her low pay, and the economic crisis on my calling USCIS and asking where in the hell was my petition. I have never been talked down to or upon so much as I was with the two second level USCIS Immigration Officers I got through to.

As it turns out (once I had given up and was waiting for 09.24.2009), my Senator's office happened to follow up on my case (since they helped me get NOA-2 which also went past the timeline) and when they found out it had been almost three months they got in contact with an USCIS official and had my file sent and received by NVC in three days. They told me it should never take more than 5-6 weeks at the most.

Oh .. and I received 8 letters from USCIS throughout this ordeal of which one said my petitions appeared to have been lost and I should recreate my petition application and seven said my petition was in the file and had never been sent to NVC. When asked neither of the two IO at USCIS could answer YES/NO if my petition was really lost only that they recommend I do what the letter says even if it is really not lost.