Question about SO traveling to China, but must enter Hong Kong first..

Hey everyone. My SO has her permanent resident card for almost two years now. Last year we went to China without any problems because she has her Chinese passport. However, this time she will be flying into Hong Kong first because of the lower air fares. She will then go back to China a few days later. I was told from my friends and family that her permanent resident card (US green card) will allow her to stay in Hong Kong no problem. And her Chinese passport will allow her to return to China. Is this the case?

If so, will it work when she has to return to Hong Kong again to go back to the US? I understand that usually she would need a visa to get into Hong Kong for the mainland Chinese. I just wanted to make sure if the permanent resident card is okay? I don't see how Hong Kong would "accept" the US green card for entry and exiting purposes... but I've been told that's how it goes. Can anyone confirm or shed some more light on this?

Thanks.

Edit/Update: Actually, I think my wife found the answer browsing through the HK government's immigration webpages. She mentioned something about as long as if the person is staying within 7 days of HK and has a valid airline ticket showing their travel destinations, they are free to go from HK to China and vice versa. So mods, if you could please, delete this thread if needed. My mistake.

Edited by Tiger320 (see edit history)

She can stay up to 7 days in HK.

-----------------------------------

http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_9.htm

Transit

14. Chinese passport holders who are in transit through Hong Kong to and from another country or territory may be granted a stay of seven days on each landing without the prior need to obtain an entry permit provided that usual immigration requirements are met, including possession of valid entry facilities for the destination and confirmed onward booking for the overseas journey.