Well.....got a swift kick in the nads while here with my Xiaorong. I found out yesterday that our petition was denied. They said that based on the evidence I provided, they are not convinced I do not pose a threat to her safety. I included a statement from Xiarong, a letter from 2 different Psychologists stating in exact words that they do not believe I am a threat to her, as well as other documents. But that was not enough. I really don't understand what makes the USCIS qualified to make the decision when they don't know anything about me other than the little info they have on paper. Oh well....nothing I can do about it anyway. I could file an appeal, but i think that would just be a waste of time and wouldn't change their decision.

Can anyone give me some ideas what to do now? We had a plan B of getting married while I am here and then maybe trying to get her to the US with the K3. Should I contact an Immigration attorney? Please help me.

First of all, sorry to hear this. You have been up a tough road.

"Legally Authorized" and "Qualified" are two separate conversations..lets not even bother...it is a waste of time

I would contact an Immigration Attorney. This sounds like a job for Toplaw!

http://www.thesolomonlawfirm.com/

He is/was a member here. You may have read his blog that turned into thousands of posts.

There may be good attorneys in your neck of the woods. I have no idea.

I'm not sure if you even have a "next move" other than moving to China. Others, hopefully will have some ideas.

I do remember reading that you are almost done with your BA? If you have that now, you can go teach in China if you can get past the convicted felon thing as far as getting a Z visa. I highly doubt it, but it is worth investigating.

I wish I had better news for you, but this type of thing doesn't come up very often so I am at somewhat of a loss for information.

If you have the cash after selling everything you own to just move there and not worry about working, just sell out and go....Thats what I am doing.

Whatever path you take, don't give up and don't let her give up!

An option is to look into working in China perhaps as an English teacher, move there for a year or so, marry, and then after 6 months or so file for CR-1 visa DCF.