How to switch K3 visa to CR1

Thank you, guys! Randy W, dnoblett, whome, Wuhan4me, samsong...

All of you responses are very valuable to us!

I do believe that Guangzhou has already got our CR1 documents. Our CR1 was sent from NVC to Guangzhou on Apr. 16, I checked the DHL customer service and was told all the packages they picked during that time period was delivered to Guangzhou on May 5. But so far, we have not heard anything from Guangzhou about our CR1 case at all.

As your guys suggested, we will go ahead to go for K3 visa, and not use it, and wait for CR1 processing too.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Glad to help, and wise choice, no seance throwing $1010 at USCIS to adjust status when you have already paid the $470 in fees to NVC. $131 fee for the K-3 is a small thing to pay.

Remember to do vaccinations when doing the K-3 medical, this will be needed when you do the CR-1 interview.

I do believe that Guangzhou has already got our CR1 documents. Our CR1 was sent from NVC to Guangzhou on Apr. 16, I checked the DHL customer service and was told all the packages they picked during that time period was delivered to Guangzhou on May 5. But so far, we have not heard anything from Guangzhou about our CR1 case at all.

As your guys suggested, we will go ahead to go for K3 visa, and not use it, and wait for CR1 processing too.

Glad to help, and wise choice, no seance throwing $1010 at USCIS to adjust status when you have already paid the $470 in fees to NVC. $131 fee for the K-3 is a small thing to pay.

Remember to do vaccinations when doing the K-3 medical, this will be needed when you do the CR-1 interview.

So you can actually get both .. but have to do two interviews .. correct?

Yep, two interviews. Essentially one for the K-3, and the other for the green-card.

We don't mind to do two interviews as long as we get PINk slips...

By the way, I heard that you actually can switch K3 to CR1 at your K3 interview. Just simply tell the VO that you want to CR1 visa (of course, your CR1 documents have to be GuangZhou first).

I am writing an email to GuangZhou to ask about this, I certainly will share the VO's response here with everyone as soon as I get it.

We don't mind to do two interviews as long as we get PINk slips...

By the way, I heard that you actually can switch K3 to CR1 at your K3 interview. Just simply tell the VO that you want to CR1 visa (of course, your CR1 documents have to be GuangZhou first).

I am writing an email to GuangZhou to ask about this, I certainly will share the VO's response here with everyone as soon as I get it.

Yes - but it's not an on request item. IF your CR-1 is at Guangzhou and ready to go, the two case files will be combined for a CR-1 interview.

E-mailing them about it is a good idea. Hopefully, they'll put 2 and 2 together

We applied both K3 and CR1 visa. We just got the interview date for K3 visa. But we also want to get CR1 visa.

Does anyone have the experience to switch to CR1 visa at (or before) K3's interview? What is the process?

We appreciate any reponse.

Where is your CR-1 now? It might have some catching up to do.

Your best strategy might be to go ahead and get the K-3, and then wait for the CR-1 (making sure that they will forward it to Guangzhou), although I'm sure you could postpone the K-3 interview long enough.

Basically - you need to figure out what's going on with your CR-1.

Can you choose to have the CR-1 send from NVC to GUZ first and go for the CR-1 interview? If denied, can you still use the K3 as a backup? Thanks

We applied both K3 and CR1 visa. We just got the interview date for K3 visa. But we also want to get CR1 visa.

Does anyone have the experience to switch to CR1 visa at (or before) K3's interview? What is the process?

Your best strategy might be to go ahead and get the K-3, and then wait for the CR-1 (making sure that they will forward it to Guangzhou), although I'm sure you could postpone the K-3 interview long enough.

Can you choose to have the CR-1 send from NVC to GUZ first and go for the CR-1 interview? If denied, can you still use the K3 as a backup? Thanks

No, If the K-3 is at the consulate, and the CR-1 reaces the consulate before interview the K-3 is DROPPED and the CR-1 is interviewed for.

Sometimes a CR-1 can be used as a back-up if the I-130 is on hold at NVC and I-129F has been forwarded to GUZ, if the K-3 is denied, I have seen a case where the petitioner then gets the I-130 moving through NVC and then interview for CR-1 and then get approved.

NOTE: Lately I have not been seeing as many denials, from waht I have read GUZ has let go a couple of officers that were over using the "NON-Bonafide relationship" excuse.

THINK PINK!

No, If the K-3 is at the consulate, and the CR-1 reaces the consulate before interview the K-3 is DROPPED and the CR-1 is interviewed for.

Sometimes a CR-1 can be used as a back-up if the I-130 is on hold at NVC and I-129F has been forwarded to GUZ, if the K-3 is denied, I have seen a case where the petitioner then gets the I-130 moving through NVC and then interview for CR-1 and then get approved.

NOTE: Lately I have not been seeing as many denials, from waht I have read GUZ has let go a couple of officers that were over using the "NON-Bonafide relationship" excuse.

THINK PINK!

Thanks for the reply, can you choose to send the CR-1 to GUZ and leave the K3 in NVC? So in case the CR-1 doesn't go through, we still have the K3 as a backup? My K1 visa was rejected and have sent CR-1 and K3 to USCIS, got the NOA1 and waiting for NOA2 for couple of months now. I see some CFL members with K1 rejection have the NOA2 within a week, a month or two months. The USCIS website said it process the applications in the order it was receive, why is it taking some applications longer than other to get the NOA2. Frustrated with the process

THINK PINK!

Thanks for the reply, can you choose to send the CR-1 to GUZ and leave the K3 in NVC? So in case the CR-1 doesn't go through, we still have the K3 as a backup? My K1 visa was rejected and have sent CR-1 and K3 to USCIS, got the NOA1 and waiting for NOA2 for couple of months now. I see some CFL members with K1 rejection have the NOA2 within a week, a month or two months. The USCIS website said it process the applications in the order it was receive, why is it taking some applications longer than other to get the NOA2. Frustrated with the process

No, K-3 passes through NVC with minimal processing and NO interaction with petitioner, basically NVC assigns a case number and sends it on to the consulate.

Note, sending I-129F in for the K-3 option slows USCIS process down in I-130 while they match the 2 petitions up, they have been approving both petitions on same date and sending to NVC together. You should get NOA2 for both I-129F and I-130 on same date.

USCIS process varies by name checks and case load at VSC and CSC.

THINK PINK!

No, K-3 passes through NVC with minimal processing and NO interaction with petitioner, basically NVC assigns a case number and sends it on to the consulate.

Note, sending I-129F in for the K-3 option slows USCIS process down in I-130 while they match the 2 petitions up, they have been approving both petitions on same date and sending to NVC together. You should get NOA2 for both I-129F and I-130 on same date.

USCIS process varies by name checks and case load at VSC and CSC.

Thanks dnoblett

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to update our status.

I emailed them about flip K3 interview to CR1 2 weeks ago, and got no reponse at all. Luckly, right before our K3 interview, which is 7/22/09, we got the CR1 interview letter, which scheduled on August. We went for K3 interview, and also show the VO the CR1 interview letter yesterday, the VO simply went to get the CR1 files, and said CR1 visa it is. We got the PINK slip and been asked only one question: when did your guys meet.

This forum give us great help!!! We certainly will come back and see if we could give any help to anyone here. God bless you all!

I would like to update our status.

I emailed them about flip K3 interview to CR1 2 weeks ago, and got no reponse at all. Luckly, right before our K3 interview, which is 7/22/09, we got the CR1 interview letter, which scheduled on August. We went for K3 interview, and also show the VO the CR1 interview letter yesterday, the VO simply went to get the CR1 files, and said CR1 visa it is. We got the PINK slip and been asked only one question: when did your guys meet.

This forum give us great help!!! We certainly will come back and see if we could give any help to anyone here. God bless you all!

AWESOME!! Getting a GREEN_CARD upon arrival to the USA is a SWEET thing.