Chinese L Visa at PRC Consulate in Houston

When I went to the website, it showed that the new times this year are to be:

9:30 - 12:30 and 1:30 to 2:30 PM.

Took forever to get my Dad to get a passport photo, so it delayed my launch, but with the new posted times, I felt good.

Old times are still in effect:

9:30 - 11:30 and 1:30 to 2:30 PM.

Last April, I was there at daybreak. So it did not matter. Today there at 12:15 AM. Locked door sad.gif

Came back at 1:15 PM, nice line.

I feel for the people that work behind the glass.

An older man did not complete his form correctly. Then insisted/demanded for the lady to stop taking over applications and make him copies of his. She finally had to tell him - NO.

There is even a copy machine present when you enter....

Guy in front of me did not bother to completely fill out form. Did not think that including his address and phone number was important. Although clearly on the form.....

All I could think is that they should try to fill out a K-1 application, if they cannot manage the simple visa app....

Anyway, I had 3 forms for her to look at. Done in about 2 minutes.

Then asked me if I wanted same day or express processing.

I explained that I lived a few hours away and that I unfortunately missed same day and could not be back to pick up tomorrow.....

So it looks like the Swine flu slow down in processing has been lifted.

Also had my first pho at Thien An at Travis and Tuam.

Sorry, Bill. I saw Cali Deli, but my friend Howard said let's grab this one, since we passed CD (easy to miss)...nice local and rather young crowd.

Sorry, I meant 1:30 to 3:30 PM....

Last time, my friend Howard and I both at different times had to wait around 4PM although doors were closed for same day processing....

Oh and I forgot to mention.........since we were in a rather long line.

Howard has had several visas and never saw such a long line.

But to help applicants, they have the top 3 questions posted to the left of the window with plain and simple answers....

We waited about 45 minutes due to individuals not properly completely the very simple form or reading the answers in bold blue and red characters.....

Now I can understand why they work in 2 hour shifts.....

Another note: if you want same day processing, have app in before 11 AM.

We were treated very kindly......

Henry

Yes, Randy, I remember your post....

And I was a little unsure my first time through, since hearing Chinese really threw me at first....

But I was pleasantly surprised, since I was really paying attention this time....

IMO the applicants let me down. We stayed in line forever due to the Chinese trying to be precise with the forms and the apps simply not.

She scanned all 3 of mine in less than a minute. I made a couple of comments and a question. We sailed through and she answered me very politely and with a smile.........

I have always used a visa service company like MyChinaVisa.com for PRC Consulate in Houston with no problems and 2-day turnaround. When my father came over he also used even though he lived in different part of the country not in the Houston service district.