Riot in Shishou

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShaQuaNew

A riot broke out in Shishou in the Hubei province as authorities allegedly tried to cover up a murder, making it look like a suicide. The article states that there are as many as 80,000 such riots every year.

Tens of thousands of Chinese fight the police in Shishou

The story about the man is true, but the claim of "80,000 such riots" occurring in China every year is absolutely without merit and unverifiable. If it were even close to being true, everyone on earth would be hearing about it. Really destroys the credibility of the story.

A riot broke out in Shishou in the Hubei province as authorities allegedly tried to cover up a murder, making it look like a suicide. The article states that there are as many as 80,000 such riots every year.

The story about the man is true, but the claim of "80,000 such riots" occurring in China every year is absolutely without merit and unverifiable. If it were even close to being true, everyone on earth would be hearing about it. Really destroys the credibility of the story.

"most people put the figure at around 80,000 and the vast majority go totally unnoticed. "

If they held a riot and no one came . . .

"most people put the figure at around 80,000 and the vast majority go totally unnoticed. "

What is the definition of a riot in China? Is one man being upset because his car got towed and he is yelling and throwing rocks at the PSB office a riot? In China, anything that upsets the social harmony is a riot.

When Tsap get to China, the laughing and screaming coming from his home will probably be classified as a riot.

Edited by chengdu4me (see edit history)

What is the definition of a riot in China? Is one man being upset because his car got towed and he is yelling and throwing rocks at the PSB office a riot? In China, anything that upsets the social harmony is a riot.

When Tsap get to China, the laughing and screaming coming from his home will probably be classified as a riot.

And that will be all day long :lol:

Larry, it looks like you and I are gonna be classified as a couple of "riots". Maybe we should take us some "hush" money for the coppers to look the other way.

tsap seui

Off topic .. but I was reading an article about China/USA economic warfare and the article stated "Yet nearly 1,2 billion of its 1.3 billion people still live in abject poverty. That is more than 90%."

I stopped reading at that point.

Wow. Some riot. Total crowd of maybe 400?? (including police)

A guy with a bull horn, and a few local military police.... notice how slowly everyone moves (even with the excited prompting of bull-horn-guy).... and all the 'lookie-loos!" standing around with cell-phone cameras... and strolling ClOSER to the action---not moving away!

---Notice how they quickly back fill the riot police (in the area that is supposed to be cleared)---in order to get the best camera angles of the police phalanx (shields on top of their heads)... WOW! THE FEAR!! Wish I had a Hagen Dass push cart---would have made a killing!

GREAT Reporting Asia Time Inc.!!! Keep up the good work!

Actually, Fei will be in YueYang, within the week (less than 50 miles from Shishou) ---- and since her father is a high Party member, will be interesting to get his perspective....

Guest ShaQuaNew

---Notice how they quickly back fill the riot police (in the area that is supposed to be cleared)---in order to get the best camera angles of the police phalanx (shields on top of their heads)... WOW! THE FEAR!! Wish I had a Hagen Dass push cart---would have made a killing!

:lol:

here's another riot: Hui Minority Beats Lanzhou Chengguan Onto Knees Crying

another: China fears riots will spread as boom goes sour

another: Nerf factory riot in China

another: Riots in southwest China over girl's death: report

another: Birth Control Crackdown Sparks Riots In Rural China

another: The Story of Hankantou (Part 1): Abused, betrayed, and angry

another: Unpaid workers clash with riot police in eastern China

I didn't have to look far or hard for these articles. I gotta say, I understand that living in China you have to be circumspect, but I've never understood why you keep pretending that everything is hunky dory.

Edited by Christopher (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

There was riot between two women fighting over a man near my home. The younger girl had a great right-cross, and the boyfriend took a shot to the back of the head from the older girl. I would have to say the younger girl won.

That makes it, 79, 992 now

There was riot between two women fighting over a man near my home. The younger girl had a great right-cross, and the boyfriend took a shot to the back of the head from the older girl. I would have to say the younger girl won.

That makes it, 79, 992 now

I think that qualifies as 2 riots.

:P