China and Russia must cooperate

Guest Tony n Terrific

China is not strong enough to compete with the United States and its allies alone. The country does not have a good perspective without Russia. The two giants are doomed to cooperate.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/ussr/107771-0/

I didn't see much in that article other than extreme vaguery and speculation.

As an off topic note... I laughed at the "breaking news" in the column to the right. "Breaking News: Iran doesn't care about the USA's carrots and sticks" I thought I might log in again to see "Breaking News: Snow is actually frozen water" or "Breaking News: 'Nearby star source of light and heat for the entire earth', says researcher."

China is not strong enough to compete with the United States and its allies alone. The country does not have a good perspective without Russia. The two giants are doomed to cooperate.

http://english.pravda.ru/world/ussr/107771-0/

I agree Jaikun, the OP didn't really elaborate much on what the concern is. The Shanhai Cooperation Organization has been making some headlines lately and perhaps that's the basic idea here?

I'm not sure I see a lot of economic promise yet for booming trade between the two countries. I also think China and Russia are more along the lines of wary allies than close buddies. Both are vying for power in the developing world... certainly there are areas for cooperation today, but they both want to be viewed as the top dog. Scarce resources and water will become major economic issues in the future... Ultimately as the US declines as the biggest common rival in the coming decades, I believe their brotherhood will become more strained.

The combined armies and will of SCO is nothing to dismiss... this is the new soviet bloc in my mind... reborn and revised. Equally disturbing to me is the combination of large military, political clout in the Arab world, oil access, and China's economic leverage.