Siamese Connection....

Guest ShaQuaNew

ya - the name is used in the usa to denote a cable with 12 vdc AND a video feed, used in survellience systems.

I'm spec'ing out a system for a farm recently, and 'that cable' is called a 'siamese' cable.

Yours looks like a water connection, though.

A coomon term for firefighting water connections where you have two inlets for the fire hose. In China the use is required by the ¡°Firefighting Standard For High Building¡± (love the translations .. but hey I can understand what they meant) and is also fairly universal.

This picture looks more like a ferry and only the drawing looks like a siamese connection ...

No; not the one like the French Connection, but rather this one:

http://i41.tinypic.com/dc4pcz.jpg

The "Picasso" who painted (and I use the term loosely) that sidewalk and wall must have been drunk. :lol: I've shot emplyees for less. B)

tsap seui

Edited by tsap seui (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

No; not the one like the French Connection, but rather this one:

http://i41.tinypic.com/dc4pcz.jpg

The "Picasso" who painted (and I use the term loosely) that sidewalk and wall must have been drunk. :lol: I've shot emplyees for less. B)

tsap seui

Hadn't really noticed it until you pointed it out. It is a mess, isn't it! B)

I recall painting and chipping from my Navy days, in years gone by, that we made painstaking efforts to keep a straight line, without one little drip, or brush-mark spilling over into another color or area.

:greenblob: Jesse, it's really funny that that was the first thing I saw on our photo. It just showed me where my head is, like I'm still looking over my employees work. :greenblob: Maybe I am just too much of a dang perfectionist, if one of my guys turned in a job like that he would have gotten his head chewed off and I would have pooped down the hole where his head used to be attached. :redblob:

I used to have a test when a so called painter came up to me for a job...Here, let me see you cut-in this color to the ceiling. I would get everything I needed to know just watching how he opened the paint can, held his brush, and after two swipes you knew if you had a painter...or a hack. :redblob:

Thanks for the memory.

tsap seui