Help from Congressman/Senator

I went to my Senator with all my paperwork for my interview. I show them the information that John Roth wrote about all the denied K visas. I ask if they could help me.They told me they could send a letter of support Before my interview. Has anyone else done this?

you didn't really post alot of information about your case (unless you use a different account) to indicate what is wrong and why if you would need congressional help..

imo, like someone noted earlier, government representative to help is 'debatable' if it has any effect unless you have a steamroller effect going.. which isn't just 'you against the world'.

what you're describing is what i've read around here that the US Citizen went up to the consulate prior interview date to support (in China atm) the SO's interview...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a congressman who was "very interested in our case", and wrote back to me once or twice to let me know that he still hadn't heard from the USCIS. He finally called them directly. In the end, however, he simply relayed back to me what the USCIS told him.

He was "successful" (at least for my wife's AOS), if only in the sense that he provided a means to rattle the cage.

For the consulate, however, I don't think anything short of new legislation will change anything at GUZ.