Windows 7

Guest Tony n Terrific

Are you going to get rid of your old clunker and adopt the new Windows from MSN? MSN has alot of kissing up to after Vista.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/06/12/technology...sion=2009061204

I was a Windows system administrator in the mid 90's. After Windows proved it couldn't be trusted to provide reliable service (actually, it screwed me majorly), I walked away from the mess and converted to Linux.

For a couple of programs that I can't get the equivalent of on Linux (Adobe Audition and some other sound engineering programs) I use XP in a virtual machine in Sun VirtualBox under Linux, since Windows can't be trusted on the bare metal.

I suppose I could try Windows 7, but what's the point?

My understanding is that Windows 7 is QA approved release of VISTA :blink:

After VISTA, I'll never buy another Windows system!!!

I gave VISTA about 8 months and finally "down-graded" to XP. XP is IMO a reasonably reliable version of Windows.

I should probably move to some flavor of Linux, but really do not have the time to accommodate the learning curve...even though I've built many Linux systems and had lots of Linux training over the years. Using it as a tool will no doubt be challenging at the beginning.

My understanding is that Windows 7 is QA approved release of VISTA ;)

After VISTA, I'll never buy another Windows system!!!

I gave VISTA about 8 months and finally "down-graded" to XP. XP is IMO a reasonably reliable version of Windows.

I should probably move to some flavor of Linux, but really do not have the time to accommodate the learning curve...even though I've built many Linux systems and had lots of Linux training over the years. Using it as a tool will no doubt be challenging at the beginning.

Me :blink: too!

Being a proud Winders 98 user I did not understand a single word or bunch of initials any of you posters used...well, except Ur freakin' Kiddin' me. :lol:

I'll just float down the river with my 64 RAM of memory and 533MHZ Celeron processor :rolleyes: Know wudda mean?

tsap seui

Being a proud Winders 98 user I did not understand a single word or bunch of initials any of you posters used...well, except Ur freakin' Kiddin' me. :D

I'll just float down the river with my 64 RAM of memory and 533MHZ Celeron processor :rolleyes: Know wudda mean?

tsap seui

Is that Win 98 second edition?

Being a proud Winders 98 user I did not understand a single word or bunch of initials any of you posters used...well, except Ur freakin' Kiddin' me. :D

tsap seui

Is that Win 98 second edition?

I think it's a first, seems like I bought it in 2001 or sooner, because, I stomped my first computer completely flat in a moment of discord. :P

My XP laptop died on me in early 2008 and I'm waitin' to buy a new one when I fly off to Chinertucky. I hope it won't be diffucult to make the jump from the dark ages to all this here modern technology. Would I be okay with this Winders7 contraption?

tsap seui