The NEW I-134 has NOT needed to be notarized since last November. Just like I-864 when you sign this form you are certifying that everything on the form and attached evidence is true and acurate under penalty of perjury. There is NO Notary block on the form.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

hi again

My fiance is living with me in china and we are wondering is there is a place in china that he can get his paperwork notorized? Does he have to go back to the usa to get this done?

You don't say where you are, but check with your local American consulate about how they handle this.

You don't have to go to Guangzhou, and you may not need an appointment, but n American consulate is the only place you will get this done.

• 2 weeks later...

My recent experience affims Dan's comment above.

I didn't know I had the old I-134 (which is still easily stumbled upon via google) and I recently made an appointment with GUZ to get it notarized; one of the Consulate staff politely informed me that I-134 is no longer required to be notarized. So Mr USC, please get the new form and fill it out.

After filling out the new form with all the supporting evidence required (like statement from bank, statement from employer, house deed, et al), the only thing they asked for during the interview was last year's tax return.

Edited by AmericanRooster (see edit history)